Need Advice - Upper NJ Vacation June 23-25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice - Upper NJ Vacation June 23-25

Headed to Belmar NJ for a charter fishing trip the 23rd, headed out of Shark Bay on Ol' Salty II. Location: 40.181827, -74.028526 I think headed +/- 5 miles offshore?

Planning on also bring the PA14 and Outback and making it a fishing trip vacation weekend.

Any helpful hints / tips for NJ, or the Point Pleasant / Belmar / Asbury Park shore?

I'll take anything, tips from bait/tackle all the way to kayak launch points etc.
    Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

What's the charter for? 5 miles is outside the 3 mile EEZ so you won't (shouldn't) be running that far for stripers

There is a ton of water up there. You have the Raritan Bay, a couple rivers, surf launching opportunities and some great surf fishing. What are you trying to target? Flounder/stripers/blues should be around pretty much everywhere at that point.
    Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Hope I can join you fishing Romo
      2014 Hobie Outback
      2016 Hobie Outback
      2015 CBKA Fishing Tournament
      2nd PLACE
      Slam Division

Comment

Looks like a good drop-in point on the Raritan mouth (with public parking) is here on 2nd street?

2 2nd St
        Perth Amboy, NJ 08861
        40.500460, -74.276954

Can you confirm? Are there any other good drop-in points you can recommend? Any information is helpful and appreciated.
        Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Working...
        X