Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacationing in Lewes

Good Morning-
    I will be spending the week( June 19 thru 23) in Lewes and looking for a few easy spots to drop in and catch a few fish. We are staying right on Bay Ave, so water access should not be a problem I think.
    I am fairly new to the kayak scene and have a 10 foot WS Tarpon with no electronics on board. Just me, the paddle, and poles.
    I would appreciate any help in when, where and what the fish are biting. Thanks for the help-

Check with Chris at Delaware Paddle Sports

Comment

I wish I could help you more, I have been fishing Cape Henlopen a few times since last year. Cape Henlopen is a very nice park. It has a place to launch kayaks, It has a fishing pier and surf fishing in the Atlantic and Delaware bay. It has hiking trails and you can even borrow bikes free for 2 hours. But since you have a 10' paddle kayak you may want to fish the canal that runs through Lewes. I have not fished there but I know they do get some flounder there. There are also some ponds nearby. I think there are 3 in Milton which is very close to Lewes. Good Luck.

Comment

greetings. i have been to Lewes and most of the towns in Southern DE.

only shore fished, but if i had to pick a spot i would put in near Indian River Inlet. strong currents at the bridge but the coves inland have decent fishing they tell me. i have been clamming ( using my kayak ) to get to areas to clam with success.

i know this is not Lewes but its all i can offer-good luck.
        ps-Kings Ice Cream....Lewes Landmark
        mark "Zeke" Z.
        One Day or Fish @ a time !
        Native Slayer 10 oak
        Perception 10

Comment

Working...
        X