Slower/Lower Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slower/Lower Tuesday

Abel and I hit the water today around 9:45 in anticipation of a rising tide- brisk NW wind was a real challenge- my Fishfinder screen was soaked making it difficult to see the details- I finally just gave up and used it as a depth sounder following the bottom contours- the chop and splash kept me wet all the time I was on the water...I started off trolling a XRap XR10 bunker color and a Sea Assassin Pearl/chart with a red 1/4 oz Bomber Shad jighead...it was a slow start- first mile I had two small schoolies- I tried a cove that normally is full of big perch but all that was there were 14-19 inch stripers...I moved to deeper water but the swells and wind made things difficult to maintain a troll heading...I kept thinking the winds would lay down as the morning progressed but it didn't...about 11 am I started using a limetreuse glow sea assassin on my light outfit (2500 Stradic CI4(+) 10# braid on 7' St Croix light action Mojo Inshore)...I was casting letting the bait hit the bottom of the 22 foot channel and hopping it across- drag started screaming...damn, probably a CNR...but then the head shake and I knew it was a fish- got it along side the boat and the lip was torn into a long thin membrane with the hook just barely hanging- off it went...damn! I got back into position and repeated the drift several more times when the rod bent double and the drag was screaming again- this time the hook was in the roof of the 21 1/2 inch striper's mouth and on my stringer it went...Abel had a nice stringer of white perch and a bluefish- we both had dozens of 16-19 inch fish- I headed in a 1:30...Abel was still on the water...I invite him chime in if he wants-
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Thanks for the report
    Red Hobie outback
    Yellow Hobie outback

Jeff

Comment

Nice work, Ron and Abel!

Comment

Thanks for the report! What is slower lower?
        2015 Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Slower/Lower is St. Mary's county...St. Clement's Island, Breton Bay, Piney Point, St.Mary's River, Point Lookout, Elm's Beach, Clark's Landing, Solomon's Island, St. Jerome's Creek, Point No Point....
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
          X