No announcement yet.

June meet and greet upper potomac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many confirmed do we have for Saturday would be great if we can off at between 6 and 7 because of the heat I will be at the Brunswick landing early
    Rich, Valley Mill Boats Kayak Fishing Team ,
    Jackson Kayaks, BigTuna, Big Rig , Coosa

Comment

I'm in Rich, Michelle is at OC and it may just be me. I invited a nephew but haven't heard back from him as yet. So 1 maybe 2 is the answer here.

Comment

can you repost the date/time/location for this event?

my saturday morning plans just fell thru, so i'm interested.

thx,
        Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

This coming Saturday 7/1. 6AM

Comment

Is Brunswick Landing Boat Ramp the launch point?

Thx,

Potomac River
            39.306344, -77.615082
            Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

I plan to get to Brunswick considerably after 7:00 am. I will fish near the launch for a few hours and skip the drift trip. I hope to meet up with the group later for the picnic.
              John Veil
              Annapolis
              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by mchottie View Post
                Is Brunswick Landing Boat Ramp the launch point?

Thx,

Potomac River
                39.306344, -77.615082
                Sorry I was wrong a minute ago and have deleted it. That is not the ramp. That ramp is at the campground and you can not launch there. The launch ramp is right up the river a little ways on the same side under the bridge. Same road just go to the right versus the left that would take you to the one you have pinpointed. The launch is under the Rt17 bridge.

Last edited by DonV; 06-29-2017, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
                  I plan to get to Brunswick considerably after 7:00 am. I will fish near the launch for a few hours and skip the drift trip. I hope to meet up with the group later for the picnic.
                  John there are usually a good bit of stragglers and even if you get there not to much after seven you should still be able to catch up with the float if you would like to explore more of the river. I usually end up somewhere of the middle of the pack coming in at the end of the day and generally take my good ole time. I'm not quite sure of what time Rich plans for us to be at POR but maybe he will fill us in here and if the time works you can reconsider your options.

Comment

Thinking I can make this weekend. What is the plan? Meet at the Brunswick ramp 7am and float down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brianisoutside View Post
                      Thinking I can make this weekend. What is the plan? Meet at the Brunswick ramp 7am and float down?
                      I think Rich is thinking more sixish to try to beat the heat.

Comment

Originally posted by DonV View Post
                        I think Rich is thinking more sixish to try to beat the heat.
                        I guess 6-7 at the ramp I'll wait for stragglers

Comment

Rich,
                          myself and Bryan H. will be there tomorrow, Archeryrob is out, still working on his garage.

Comment

I hope to be there tomorrow morning.

Is there a plan to shuttle boats back to Brunswick or are we on our own in that regard? Either is fine with me but I want to plan accordingly. Thanks!
                            "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
                            Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Will shuttle up I have a dually pickup. Today I decided to sneak out and float from Brunswick to lander . I was kind of in a hurry cause had to be back by 3 didn't get on the water till 12:30 so I drifted and paddled quick. Caught 8 small mouths one 20 in football body gold bronze back and a 16 inch fat one ,rest were all 12 inches or so . All were caught on a z man Ned rig green and purple both in seams and on the flat shallow area . This was the hot part of the day too. I am upset because I left my cell phone in the car so couldn't take a picture. Anyway see you guys between 6 and 7 or so in Am

Comment

Originally posted by nhunter344 View Post
                                I hope to be there tomorrow morning.

Is there a plan to shuttle boats back to Brunswick or are we on our own in that regard? Either is fine with me but I want to plan accordingly. Thanks!
                                Last few trips the boats weren't shuttled back but you will, back to your car then back to get the to POR to get the kayaks and on to lunch. It's a surprisingly short ride between the put in and take out. Just get to Brunswick and you have no worries or have to make any arrangements.

Comment

Working...
                                X