June meet and greet upper potomac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June meet and greet upper potomac

Hi guys sorry have not posted anything about this weekends meet and greet . I regret I am not able to pull it off due to some work related issues. However I would be able to do it June 17 th or 24 th if folks can come . I also think the river may remain above 3 ft for this weekend which would also curtail this trip . Please respond if those alternative Saturday's could work out. Sorry guys for this weekend . Rich
    Rich, Valley Mill Boats Kayak Fishing Team ,
    Jackson Kayaks, BigTuna, Big Rig , Coosa

Haven't you guys learned yet that the Potomac is always high in May and June? This event would be so much fun in August.

Comment

I would be up for either Saturday. Looking forward to getting out on the Potomac and chasing smallies!

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
        Haven't you guys learned yet that the Potomac is always high in May and June? This event would be so much fun in August.
        I think the weeds in Aug/Sep make the water pretty miserable. I floated last year around labor day and the river was a mess. I wonder when the weeds die off.
        PigPen - Mt Airy
        Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Low and clear is how I enjoy fishing it! The bait fish and smallies relate to the weed beds, ledges, and rocks. No worries. Stable water levels and flows are always preferred when fishing the Upper Potomac. I hope everyone enjoys the June trip. Any time fishing the Upper Potomac is a beautiful thing. I look forward to seeing the great trip reports and photos.

Comment

I'm in for the 17th, already booked the weekend of the 24th.
            Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Had no idea it was supposed to be this weekend and the 17th or 24th sounds better to me.

Comment

just came back from floating brunswick to Landers. At 2.3' on the gauge height, it took about 4.5 hrs. It was a nice pace for some of the less interesting sections but not too fast you couldn't paddle back to a spot. Water was a little stained still and just high enough that you didn't scrape the rocks much. Caught lots of small mouth 8-12" on a Shannon's Minnow and a Mr.Twister tail. I missed a couple real hawgs too so the fish are very active.

As the meet n greet either day should work for me. I'd like to float this section again a couple times this year.
                PigPen - Mt Airy
                Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

I might be able to make it. I went to Riverbend on Friday. Definitely high, but fishable.

What is the plan, is it a float?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any updates Rich?

Comment

Count me in for the 23rd. I've floated the Potomac twice so far and had a blast. Might try going twice a month till the weeds get bad.
                      PigPen - Mt Airy
                      Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Rich where are you? We good for this coming weekend? If you can't tell I'm excited and ready to go and am just waiting or your word.

Comment

Sorry guys not getting on sooner . Float is on Brunswick to POA next Saturday. Please post who is coming so we know how many boats and people we have to pick up . River is great leval right now hopefully doesn't get spoiled by today's and tommorow storms .Fishing has been great in the mornings early until it gets real hot so we may consider a early start. Rich
                          Rich, Valley Mill Boats Kayak Fishing Team ,
                          Jackson Kayaks, BigTuna, Big Rig , Coosa

Comment

Me and Michelle will be there as always.

Comment

Originally posted by monocacykayak View Post
                              Hi guys sorry have not posted anything about this weekends meet and greet . I regret I am not able to pull it off due to some work related issues. However I would be able to do it June 17 th or 24 th if folks can come . I also think the river may remain above 3 ft for this weekend which would also curtail this trip . Please respond if those alternative Saturday's could work out. Sorry guys for this weekend . Rich
                              Has a date and time been established for the Potomac M&G?

Comment

Working...
                              X