This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pickerel

I think I have a new addition to the list. I caught a 20" chain pickerel in a Severn River cove this morning (Aug 25, 2011). I posted a photo earlier, but it does not show the length next to a gauge. If you guys trust me, mark me down for a new species entry.

I have caught plenty of longer pickerel, but most were caught while wade fishing in the dead of winter. As a side note, until this summer, I rarely came across pickerel from May to November. This year, I have caught probably 6 or 7 of them during the summer. Today's fish was my largest ever summertime pickerel.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

No one has added a LM Bass so I'm gonna add mine that I caught today, not huge by any means, but maybe it will entice some larger entries.

Comment

Gonna up my ante on the LM BASS.... 22 inches caught tonight!!!
        Attached Files

Comment

1st Crappie of the year

So I caught a 12 inch crappie tonight, so I'm adding it to the board... someone has to of caught a bigger crappie...

What about bluegill? who has a bluegill on the kayak?

****OK i added My larger crappie and my biggest bluegill!!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by CB kayak 02; 09-17-2011, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Congratulations to Moc for taking over the leaderboard for speckled trout with the 18.5 incher he caught at TKAA.

Comment

I had forgotten about the leader board until Shadyfisher85 mentioned it today. Apparently my 13.5" white perch, caught today in a Severn River tidal creek, overtakes his 13" perch from last June.

I don't know who does the updates on this. While you are in there, please also adjust the spelling for pickerel
              John Veil
              Annapolis

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Matt,

Pinch caught a 20" Tog this past weekend. Please update the board then you get a chance.
                2010 Hobie Outback

Comment

On our way back from Virginia from another quick tog day. New tog from today 24" and 10lbs for a Virginia citation
                  Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

I broke my chain pickerel record on the MKF record list today. I landed a 23" fish (see my post from today for a photo). I had another fish earlier in the morning that could have been even longer, but it spit the hook at kayak-side.
                    John Veil
                    Annapolis

Comment

Add me to the list?

36+" Musky - 2/5/12

Marsh Creek Lake
                      Glenmore, PA
                      Attached Files
                      Chip

Morgantown, PA / Tilghman, MD

Tarpon 120
                      Parker 2320

Comment

i cot a 12.5 inch spot at the mouth of the south river this year .we cot many over 10. i could take that spot rite up(the leader board no( pun intended)

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
                          I did see that, forgot to add it, but I will.
                          i cot a 12.5 inch spot!

Comment

i also do not know if it counts but my 26 inch trout i cot in 2010 shoudl counts i coaught it in north carolina though
                            Attached Files

Comment

i got this 11 pound 26.75inch flounder in 2010 and there is a picture of the 12.5inch spot and then i have a picture of a 25.5inch spanish mackeral on alive pop eye mullet.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I commend kayak456 for his excellent catches. However, it it not clear from the posts that those large fish were caught while fishing from a kayak. Matt's original guidelines suggest that the leaderboard would show the largest fish caught from a kayak. If they were indeed caught while kayak fishing, then they deserve listing on the leaderboard.
                                John Veil
                                Annapolis

Comment

Working...
                                X