Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ran into a photo of the the 14.5" Black Sea Bass I caught at the CBBT on 10/2012. I think I'm back on the board!

IMG_1723.jpg

Comment

• 46 1/2 striper Susky flats (Md citation) April 201415682567959_61904dfe68.jpg

Comment

• Thanks for the heads up that I took over the spot for largest striper!
        I used a tape measure to get the length which went 48". There's no way I could have gotten a picture on the tape in a kayak so the image below is the only proof. It could have been bigger but I didn't want to take credit for 50"+ without having a stick that long.

Here she is
        https://www.facebook.com/chesapeake....type=3&theater

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
        Alan

Comment

• I don't think this should count since it was caught down in Georgia and I don't have a photo of it next to a measuring device, but this is my PB largemouth at 24". Interestingly it was the only bass I have caught at this small reservoir that was over 14". Some bigger fish do turn up from time to time, but the place is overrun with dinks.
          bigbass1.jpg
          Kevin

2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

• species: Northern Pike
            length: 35"
            date: 04/17/16
            lure: 4" Tube, Texas Rigged with a pegged sinker

Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

• Huge congrats, Turtle135!!! Beautiful fish. Although I'm a little bummed since you took my record.
              John D.
              2015 Hobie Revolution 13
              GO RAVENS!!!
              GO ORIOLES!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by deleonjo View Post
                Huge congrats, Turtle135!!! Beautiful fish. Although I'm a little bummed since you took my record.
                thanks!

well there is only one thing for you to do, get out there and get a bigger one!
                Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

• Cobia; Chesapeake Bay, Eastern Shore of VA.

The only photo I have with a tape of the fish shows 49" to the top for of the tail, but I had the tape laying on the fish and the fish wasn't totally flat. When I got home I was able to measure it properly with the tape on a flat surface and the fish on top of the tape - then it measured 51".

Brian

Comment

• Great catch- congratulations
                    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

• Cobia; Chesapeake Bay, Eastern Shore of VA.

The only photo I have with a tape of the fish shows 49" to the top for of the tail, but I had the tape laying on the fish and the fish wasn't totally flat. When I got home I was able to measure it properly with the tape on a flat surface and the fish on top of the tape - then it measured 51".

Pretty, pretty fish. Congrats!!
                      Bruce

Hobie PA 14
                      Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

• Awesome, eating good for a while!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                        Ryan
                        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

• I was curious, is this still being updated?
                          Last edited by AmberjackYakin; 06-11-2017, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• doesn't look like its been updated in a while
                            Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

• Will this do it?

The tarpon was caught Aug 5th, 2017 and released.
                              I was the only friend the tarpon had that time. I removed a MirrOlure with 3 treble hooks from the inside of the mouth. Otherwise the tarpon would die.

Thanks for Slobber Bob's suggestion, I requested the citation for it.
                              Two months later, a lady from Virginia Marine Resources Commission, emailed me on Oct 6 to confirm that the tarpon was actually caught in Northern Neck in Chesapeake Bay. I had to presents multiple pics generated from multiple video footage. Her superior confirmed after reviewing multiple pics with the tarpon and the ruler on the paddle, that the folk length of the tarpon was over 63" indeed. So the tarpon will be officially in the Virginia Marine Resources Commission record, and I will receive the plaque for it in February, 2018

Thank you Slobber Bob for suggesting the citation request.

Here is the pic of the tarpon

Joe
                              Fish like there's no tomorrow.
                              Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
                              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

• So I would like to get a spot on the leaderboard for Sailfish. The one pictured below was caught last Friday 11/10/17 on a live goggle eye, slow trolled behind a kayak off Delray Beach FL. We did not measure it but the guide stated it was definitely a mature adult and probably weighed about 60 pounds. I would guess it was about 7-8 ft long, judging by it's appearance next to the kayak. The fight lasted about 50 minutes, and was very exciting but exhausting, using a 5000 class spinning reel. It was released alive and very healthy.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X