No announcement yet.

YakAttack (Awesome) April/May (Awesome)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YakAttack (Awesome) April/May (Awesome)

I wanted to pass along an awesome customer service experience I had this week with YAK ATTACK. Let’s just say I was a dumbass and lost my adjustment knob on my Zooka rod holder. I looked around could not find one. I wrote a simple email to YAK ATTACK asking if they sold the part. No questions asked, they are just sending me a new one. How awesome is that!!!!

April/May – hate to see them go. I only made it out on the yak 3 times over the last 2 months, but all were memorable trips. Let’s just say I focused on the Eastern Shore. On 4/23 I was able to land a 32 inch PB rock, last weekend I was able to land a 25 inch PB Trout. All 3 trips I was able to get rock in the 20’s. I would get out more often, but I had a couple boat trips as well during the months with great results.

I also have a question. My mirage drive is hurting. I screwed it up last year and was able to bend it back into shape. This time I’m not sure what I did trying to fix it. Both fins are off on a 4 o’clock angle when they should be straight up & down. Would you recommend professional care, or any quick fix advice?

Manny – You should never have sold that Revo. This thing is a fishing machine. I run from N. Va to Pasadena so I can stop anywhere.

Alan B – Met you after a Steve trip you had on the Pat. I’m still not using a finder and love it. Can’t stand the habit of constantly looking at the thing on the boat. Not sure I ever want one for the yak.

Thanks, Dave
    NoVa CCAIMG_20170423_135237607.jpgIMG_20170528_063137968.jpg

Dave -

You have had a very good year on your kayak so far. Keep up the good work.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Dave,

I'm sooo happy to hear you are enjoying the Revo! I loved that boat and I'm glad it's putting you on the fish.

As to the Mirage Drive problems, if you are anywhere near Delaware Paddle Sports any time soon, just drop in and have them fix it for you. They did it for me when I was fishing near Lewes and bent a Mirage Drive rod. I needed a new MD rod anyway, so they sold me a new one and replaced the old one free of charge - the whole process took less than 15 minutes.

Tight Lines!
      -manny

Hobie Outback
      Wilderness Systems 130T
      Hobie Outfitter

Comment

Dave,

I'm glad to hear of a Revo getting some love here. I think it is Hobie's forgotten fishing boat, taking a back seat to the more popular Outback.

Your description of it as a fishing machine is apt. You've put it to great use this spring.

I refer to mine as a missile on the water.

My Mirage Drive suffered bent fins courtesy of a hidden chunk of concrete in Goodhands Creek several years ago. (It's on the first point to the left as you leave launch area for those who want to know.) Amazingly the fins still worked. But new shafts solved the problem with their appearance. It was disturbing to see them crooked even if they worked.

Continued success with your Revo.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
        X