Clarks Landing, quality over quantity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarks Landing, quality over quantity

Today was the first day we could fish for stripers out of Clarks. Yak67 and I launched to a perfect morning with plenty of breaking fish. Unfortunately there was also plenty of floating grass to foul the lines. We headed out to the Patuxent and within a few minutes Gary had a 24" in the boat.

After that we maybe caught 3 small fish between us in the next 90 minutes. I trolled past a point and heard the wonderful scream of the drag and had a 23" in my boat. After that just a couple of dinks before we called it quits. Fish were not schooled up and everything seemed to be a random drive by. Grass made it difficult to present a clean bait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Had the same problem with the floating grass in the Severn today. Got you both got supper.
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Glad the Pax is open for business- congratulations on two nice fish-I had some luck today as well, Mike- got my first keeper Speckled Trout of the year and took home 8 jumbo White Perch...no keeper stripers though, as the biggest was just a tad over 19"- it fought good on perch tackle- caught several small bluefish, two speckled trout, 20 or more school stripers and more than a dozen nice white perch...
      Last edited by ronaultmtd; 06-01-2017, 05:35 PM.
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
      X