Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Go at MD Stripers

Hello All,

This is my first post on this forum (which has a lot of really great info). I recently moved from the Tidewater, Va area to Northern VA due to work. I have been kayak fishing for the last 6 or 7 years, however did not have my kayak with me up here until recently. I currently paddle a WS Ride 135, and use a Garmin Striker 4 to look below. With the MD striper season now open, I want to go out this weekend and catch me a few.

I have been researching a lot of areas, but most likely will either try the Severn River, Chesapeake Beach, or possibly the Bay Bridges. With it being my first time out in these waters, and most likely going alone, I don't know if I should attempt the later two spots due to traffic and conditions. Although with the current reports, I feel as though they may be my best bet to catch some fish for the stringer.

I would appreciate any advice or recommendations for my first time out in these waters, and maybe a nudge to a general area that is more calm and may be holding some slot fish.

Tight Lines,
    Nick
Working...
X