X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am looking at them right now

Comment

Originally posted by ski357 View Post
      This part here! I've lived in Maryland for the vast majority of my life-usually within 15 minutes or so of the water. Five years ago I moved to within 2 miles of the St. Mary's River. One day I had an epiphany regarding how close I was to the water and not taking advantage of it. It sounds like you're up north, but if you make it to the lower slower (St. Mary's County) I'd be happy to let you demo my WS Tsunami 145 or Hobie Outback. We could probably even get you in a Revolution 13 too. Snagged Line is a great bunch of people.
      Appreciate the offer and might take you up on it or we can just get together to fish. That's an area that I would like to get to more often. We were just out at Nan's Cove at Broomes Island Sunday. Not the greatest fishing or weather but once again I'm always happy as a clam when on the kayak. Stopped at Jerry's Restaurant on the way home after hearing some recommendations and was really just stunned by how good the food was. I'm a picky and cheap sonofa you know what and I will say the crabcake and haddock dinner while pricey was the best I have had anywhere and I'm going to have a hard time passing it if in the area again.

You ever get down to Piney Point? It's an area that I am just dying to fish after making a reconnaissance road trip last year.

Really don't even have the words for how much I enjoy getting out on the kayak and I'm always pushing and prodding others to give it a try. It's been semi life changing for me. Yes I'm here on the outskirts of Baltimore and yet have numerous destinations and places to see and fish close by that are just lovely. Being in the kayak many times have them mostly to myself. It's opened up a whole world of areas of Maryland I would have likely ignored or missed and I feel like I have a summer full of mini vacations sometimes ten minutes from home. Expand the area out a little and many more become available. Too much water and not enough time. I get to see things like this even being in a highly developed area. Would you believe of all places Baltimore Harbor. I get a glimpse of things that you won't see commuting or driving by.

If you have a feeling you are going to take to it like I have, I'd recommend don't wait get a capable boat and get out. Boats can come and go but lost time out on the water can't be gotten back.

2015-04-25-133023-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg
      2015-04-25-133134.jpg
      2015-08-09-055626.jpg

Comment

Just saw this browsing the internet and really think this guy did a pretty good job on all the things to consider taking up kayak fishing. You may want to give it a watch. Covers a lot of the territory we have been covering here but does go pretty in depth on all the considerations.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=png-hngzZhE

Comment

Hey Paul in addition to what's being said already, you can find some pretty good deals on used boats under $1000 on Craigslist, MD Used fishing page on Facebook, and some of the local kayak companies used/demo boats. Some local companies have stuff that's not advertised online, so you have to call to check sometimes. I've been browsing around and seen a variety of solid boats pop up on there. Good luck in making your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          J

Comment

Originally posted by Jman View Post
            Hey Paul in addition to what's being said already, you can find some pretty good deals on used boats under $1000 on Craigslist, MD Used fishing page on Facebook, and some of the local kayak companies used/demo boats. Some local companies have stuff that's not advertised online, so you have to call to check sometimes. I've been browsing around and seen a variety of solid boats pop up on there. Good luck in making your decision.

Thanks just looked on the FB page, I would like to find a 12' used kayak.

Comment

Originally posted by DonV View Post
              Just saw this browsing the internet and really think this guy did a pretty good job on all the things to consider taking up kayak fishing. You may want to give it a watch. Covers a lot of the territory we have been covering here but does go pretty in depth on all the considerations.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=png-hngzZhE

Thanks DonV, I just watched that yesterday, good information

Comment

Originally posted by paulg View Post
                Thanks just looked on the FB page, I would like to find a 12' used kayak.
                right here on Snaggedline located in Harford County $600.00 http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...en-12-for-sale

Comment

Originally posted by Oldbayrunner View Post
                  right here on Snaggedline located in Harford County $600.00 http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...en-12-for-sale
                  Thank you but I believe someone else from there is working on that deal.

Comment

Originally posted by paulg View Post
                    Thank you but I believe someone else from there is working on that deal.
                    Not that I see, last I see is that it's available.

Comment

Like Don I believe i'ts still available. I was checking for a neighbor of mine but he is undecided hence why I posted the link. This is a really good yak narrower and faster than the lure.

Comment

Sometimes you can score a good used yak, but there's always the concern that there's hidden damage or a leak which you cannot detect.

There's a sale going on @ Dick's Sporting goods for a good sub $1000 yak: Field & Stream Shadow Caster 123 Angler Kayak

The Shadow Caster is a very stable boat, but heavy (90lbs). Should be great of lake or slow moving water. Also there are lots of videos on YouTube in which owners have done quite a bit of mods on it to increase its utility.

You can get this right now for $700. They are out of stock on the website and at most local stores, but if you go into Dicks and ask them to order it for you they can do so (you'll get it in 2-3 weeks).

There's also 10% off and 20% off promotional codes that Dick's will send you if you sign up for their newsletter.

This boat is on my short list due to it's cost vs. stability

smithmal
                        smithmal

2017 Native Ultimate 12 (Lagoon Blue)
                        Bending Branches Angler Pro Plus Paddle

2016 Old Town Twin Heron Tandem (Mango)

2012 Nova Craft Pal 16' in Royalex-Lite (Burgundy)

1990 Radisson 12' (SportsPal)

Comment

Working...
                        X