Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buzzards Bay 5/28

Nice looking sea bass. I'll be out at the crack of dawn on Father's Day for my last sea bass trip this year. The fluke should be getting better as the sea bass leave with the warming water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking about heading over this weekend also. Forecast looks tough for Sunday though. Ssw 14kt. Maybe it will be calm enough for a quick sunrise trip. I got a nice 21" fluke tues on artificial at beginning of current, but did not hang around to pull more drifts for fluke. I think current should be good at sunrise both sat and sun.
    2015 Hobie Outback

Yeah the wind is going to be tough Sunday. I will probably be on and off after a couple of hours. Saturday is the better option, but I have family stuff all day. Good luck if you get out!

Got out this morning from sunrise till around 7:30am. Wind started to crank, but still caught plenty of fish. Kept 5 in the 17-20 inch rangeIMG_0917.JPG

I wish we had good sea bass within kayak range of the Mid-Atlantic. Good eats!

Nice catches! I am very jealous of your fishery and wish we had a place to catch inshore BSBs or other bottom fish down here. I was there last father's day and caught some nice flounder! We couldn't find any keeper sized BSBs that late in the season but the flounder were everywhere!

DSCN0499.jpgIMG_5145.jpg
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers Co-Founder - www.chesapeakebaykayakanglers.com
    Hobie Local Kayak Fishing Team - Backyard Boats, MD

Yeah, usually by now the flounder fishing would be good, but the surface temp is still 65. We had a few warm days, but it's been a cool spring so everything is a little late.

Glad you had a window to get out this morning. Was tempted to hit it again early today myself.

Lightning was in the forecast yesterday, but I had a feeling it would not happen and went out anyway. Caught 30 plus bsb in less than 3 hours just like my other recent trips. Could not find any fish over 19". Kept some nice 17-19" fish though. My friend got a real nice fluke too, which looked to be 24" or greater. Water was barely moving, so I did not really try for any myself. Such an amazing place this time of year. Hope to get back a couple more times before they move out.
    2015 Hobie Outback