Bucket list fish...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
    It was an extremely lucky fish. I am ashamed to say it was on my first trip targeting them; within the first three hours of setting up. I totally realize that I in no way paid my dues and may go years without catching another...yet alone from a kayak.

Thank you. Very few are caught in VA each year. Some years none. It has become generally well known that they are here due to social media reports from tackle shops such as Chris's Bait and Tackle and fishing reports from people like Dr. Julie Ball; however, besides the fact that they exist it is an extremely tight lipped fishery. No lie, Gary and I asked one employee of a local tackle shop the best way to navigate to our fishing spot (one that we picked out on our own) and he proceeded to send us into a shallow flat. We ran aground, tore through some clam netting, and destroyed Gary's boat prop. It wasn't an accident he sent us on this path. That's how Day 1 ended.
    Don't be- catching a fish you target, you research, you plan, you look at maps to determine your best opportunity to fish, rig up, get the bait for that species...it isn't luck...luck favors the prepared
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
    X