Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESVA Bull Round Up - SPRING 2017 (Picture Heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the post and sharing some phenomenal pics!
    -manny

Hobie Outback
    Wilderness Systems 130T
    Hobie Outfitter

Comment

Thanks, guys! I'm just glad we had something to share.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
      Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
      2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
        their first run is awesome- makes you wonder if you are going to get spooled
        That's what keeps me coming back! Nice report, Doug.

I was happy to get out twice (wish it was more though!) after not being able to get out last spring at all. It is work, and you cover a lot of water searching for them at times, but the reward is well worth it. It's a fun place to fish when the conditions are right.

Brian

Comment

I think this post is every anglers dream. i'm not sure I could pull a 50+ fish into/onto my yak.

congrats to all, and thanks for the share.
          Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
            That's what keeps me coming back! Nice report, Doug.

I was happy to get out twice (wish it was more though!) after not being able to get out last spring at all. It is work, and you cover a lot of water searching for them at times, but the reward is well worth it. It's a fun place to fish when the conditions are right.
            I am glad you got out too. You get awful cranky when you don't get to target them. Last year you were hooking at us and everything!

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
            2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by mchottie View Post
              I think this post is every anglers dream. i'm not sure I could pull a 50+ fish into/onto my yak.

congrats to all, and thanks for the share.
              It is why I got into the sport. Seeing Kayak Kevin and Rob Choi's 50" reds literally led to me buying a kayak and exploring new areas. It pushed me past my comfort zone a little but I hope my report does the same to someone else.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
              2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Beautiful post as usual bro. Thank you so much for sharing and allowing us to experience it vicariously through you guys!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                -Mustafa
                ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                2016 Hobie Outback
                2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

I said this last year when you shared the pictures and I'll say it again, that's some Ballsy fishing. I know that area and it ain't too friendly to yaks. Wind picks ups and it turns into a washing machine instantly. Well earned fish!
                  Jay

10' Green Slayer
                  13’ Red Slayer

Comment

Originally posted by summersoff View Post
                    I said this last year when you shared the pictures and I'll say it again, that's some Ballsy fishing. I know that area and it ain't too friendly to yaks. Wind picks ups and it turns into a washing machine instantly. Well earned fish!
                    Yeah in fact a couple of days started out really good and then blink of an eye we were fighting two and three Footers wind and current both against us for the entire way in, but we know that it's the way it is there and we just grind through it LOL

Comment

Thanks! And yes, it can turn snotty in a hurry. The third day we went out it began to blow 15-20 mph when we were several miles away from our launch and shelter. It happened fast. It was a turbulent and long pedal in; one where I was thankful I was with others in case things went south.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                      2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

A couple years ago, Doug and I were out there together and cutting across an inlet to to head to an area we wanted to fish. The swells coming in off the ocean were BIG and coming at us perpendicular. So big that when a swell was passing between us, the only thing we could see of each other was the very tip of our rods sitting vertical in the rod holders. I'm not afraid to brave the snot, but this was easily the most nervous I've been out on the water. With each swell that passed I felt like I was boderline going to turtle. But the forecast called for conditions to improve so we braved it.

An hour or so later, the wind dropped out, as forecast, and the same place we just crossed in full adrenaline mode was flat as a lake. It's crazy how fast it can change. Doing your homework is very much advised before each trip.
                        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
                          A couple years ago, Doug and I were out there together and cutting across an inlet to to head to an area we wanted to fish. The swells coming in off the ocean were BIG and coming at us perpendicular. So big that when a swell was passing between us, the only thing we could see of each other was the very tip of our rods sitting vertical in the rod holders. I'm not afraid to brave the snot, but this was easily the most nervous I've been out on the water. With each swell that passed I felt like I was boderline going to turtle. But the forecast called for conditions to improve so we braved it.

An hour or so later, the wind dropped out, as forecast, and the same place we just crossed in full adrenaline mode was flat as a lake. It's crazy how fast it can change. Doing your homework is very much advised before each trip.
                          I remember that as we kept going it got progressively worse and at one point it was "safer" to keep going than it was to turn back. The was about the only time I've ever been truely worried in the kayak. It's easy to chuckle about now, but I hope I can always see your kayak in full and not just the tips of your eyelets in between swells. Lol

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                          2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

A few years ago I was visiting with Kayak Kevin at the tackle shop on Northampton Blvd in Virginia Beach and we talked about the drum fishing- He didn't advise it- he said it was crazy hairy at times, and that sometimes he would wonder why he was there in heavy surf and chop coming at you in every direction. He gave me his home made piling/wreck anchor- I still have it...I had stopped by to see if they had any to sell..
                            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Amazing pics, I dream of catching 40"+ reds.

Comment

Originally posted by mike o View Post
                                Amazing pics, I dream of catching 40"+ reds.
                                The dreams don't stop just because you catch one...trust me. I think they might actually get worse!

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                                2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                                X