Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ontario or Quebec?

Dear friends,
    I am planning to take a drive to Canada to fish sometime in late July or August. I have been up north many times, but only fished once and it was a fly fish trip with a friend. Has anyone here gone up to kayak fish in either Ontario or Quebec? I am interested in targeting Walleye and Pike. Would love to get a musky, but I am told that they are not that active in the summer. Anyone have thoughts about this, please share here or pm me. Thanks to all. Tight lines.
    Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140

Originally posted by pungomd View Post
    Dear friends,
    I am planning to take a drive to Canada to fish sometime in late July or August. I have been up north many times, but only fished once and it was a fly fish trip with a friend. Has anyone here gone up to kayak fish in either Ontario or Quebec? I am interested in targeting Walleye and Pike. Would love to get a musky, but I am told that they are not that active in the summer. Anyone have thoughts about this, please share here or pm me. Thanks to all. Tight lines.
    Check out Bobcaygeon in Ontario. Been up there several times in July with musky and walleye caught.
    -Jimbo-

Berkley Powerpro - 100 yrd spool - 30#
    Berkley Powerpro - 100 yrd spool - 20#
    Fishbites - Saltwater version

Comment

I have one experience spring archery bear hunting in Ft. Colounge- right on the border in Quebec next to Ontario- Black River- lots of lakes and Northern Pike- take plenty of bug repellant- we used Watkins Lotion- unavailable in the US- but very effective- local stuff- and buy Canadian beer in the USA- LaBlatt's Blue is much more expensive in Canada...and fill up your gas tank on the American side just before you enter Canada...
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I had a cottage in Northern Ontario for years and lives it.....for kayak fishing with good camping I'd recommend the Marten River area. It's beautiful, decent fishing, easily accessed by yak.
        If you wanted to focus on catching trout in a series of lakes and awesome wilderness I'd strongly rec. Algonquin Park. Lakers and brookies fished exclusively from canoes and kayaks. Lots of smallies. There are pike and walleye opportunities in the park, but the focus is trout.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
        https://www.ontarioparks.com/park/martenriverhttp://www.martenriver.ca/Welcome
        http://www.algonquinpark.on.ca/visit...nquin-park.php
        Last edited by kevinfry; 05-26-2017, 10:15 AM.
        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
        X