May 20, 2017 Meet and Greet Hosted by Jeff "PlasticBoat"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 20, 2017 Meet and Greet Hosted by Jeff "PlasticBoat"

Thanks for hosting a great event Jeff. I think about 20 showed up between the two launch sites and I think 9 went to lunch at the Golden Corral. I did not launch until just after 8am. The winds were light, but you can tell that they were building. I travelled South towards Havre de Grace. I found some holes and underwater channels that I fished. I managed to land about 20 fish in two different areas using 4 inch paddle tails with a 3/8 ounce white jig head in 8-12 feet of water. By 10am the winds really picked up causing a lot of chop, and by 10:30am I decided to make the paddle/peddle back to the launch. It took me a little over an hour to get back to the ramp, landing more fish on the way. In the end, I kept a 25 incher, and I landed 4 fish at 21inches and 3 at 20 inches, 2 at 19.5 inches, 2 at 19 inches and several 16 to 18 inch fish. It was nice talking and meeting everyone. We had great conversations at lunch. I am looking forward to the next one that I can attend time permitting.
    Attached Files
    MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
    2016 Hobie Outback LE
    Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
    https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Glad you folks got out today and were able to find some fish.
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Its good to see some did better than I did. I launched at day break at Tydings park. I got 8 or 9 fish mostly 17 inchers but one 28'' before 7:30 when fishing shut down. I got 2 more later in the day heading in. I had planned to do lunch but got tired of the wind and lack of fish and called it a day about 11:30. It was good to meet Hobie matt who was heading out when I was calling it a day.stripes.jpg

Comment

Had a great time getting out with you guys. No fish for me but I still learned a lot. Thanks for hosting the event Jeff! Hope to see you guys again either out on the water or at another event.

Comment

Big thanks to Jeff for putting it all together. Not the greatest day fishing for us but enough to keep it interesting and once again a great learning experience courtesy of all of the very gracious and helpful members at the M&G. Nice meeting everybody and once again a wonderful time to be had on the water with a very nice bunch of people.

Comment

Working...
          X