Guided Fishing Trips - HOBIE FIRST CAST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guided Fishing Trips - HOBIE FIRST CAST

To anyone who is interested in fishing the Eastern Shore of MD, cutting down on your learning curve, trying out a Hobie (or two) and spending a great day on the water, this might be for you....

Survival Products in Salisbury MD will be offering guided fishing trips as part of the Hobie First Cast program. The First Cast program is a program Hobie rolled out two years ago to get interested kayak anglers in a Hobie kayak. The cost of the trip is a flat rate of $300 for up to three anglers and $100 for each angler after that up to five. It can be for a few as one person or as many as five. Included in the price is a 5-hour guided fishing trip, the opportunity to try multiple Hobie kayaks (typically we will bring a Revo, Outback, and a PA), all of your rods/reels/tackle, and a catered lunch (subs and a soft drink from a local Deli). Ill meet you at the launch location so all you have to do is show up and be ready to fish! We are licensed and insured as well. The times of the trips are based on the optimal tide for that location, but can also be changed if the group would like that.

If you choose to purchase a Hobie kayak, $100 (or more) will be deducted from the cost of the boat (per person). Considering almost all retailers charge some demo or rental fee, this is an excellent deal. Lunch and a guided trip for a little more than a demo would cost is hard to beat. Hopefully some of you are interested because we had a blast last year and I really enjoy promoting the sport.

Target species will be stripers, speckled trout, and puppy drum (if they are around). You will need to provide your own license (which is sold at the shop), but you can keep what you catch.

Instead of preselected dates like we ran last year, this year we will utilize a "whenever you are free model". The weekends are best for me obviously, but I could also do an evening trip or take a personal day (It won't take much convincing).

Please either send me a comment on this thread (or a PM) or email Joe at Survival Products jpagliaro@rommelusa.com if you are interested.

Below are a few pictures from a trip last June...

Last edited by RavensDfense; 05-23-2017, 08:30 AM.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

I am free the morning of June 3rd if anyone is interested. With high tide being around 9:30, I would prefer an 7am-12pm trip. There is a great shallow water striper bite happening on our beautiful eastern shore. Also, word on the street is that our speckled trout fishery is also heating up.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

I'm interested. Let me know, I would also prefer a sunrise to noon trip.

Thank you!
      2015 Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Originally posted by Seasalt View Post
        I'm interested. Let me know, I would also prefer a sunrise to noon trip.

Thank you!
        Sending you a PM now.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
        2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

These trips are a great deal, particularly if you are interested in going the pedal kayak route, or if you just want to brush up on your kayak fishing skills. There are also some good food/coffee options, that I took full advantage of before my trip. I arrived a few hours early, because I figured traffic over the bay bridge would be horrible, but I made record time in the morning actually. I had a full breakfast, coffee, and then lunch and a beer by the time we ended up fishing.

Comment

Are you guys going tomorrow?
            Drive it like you stole it!
            2011 Hobie PA 14

Comment

PM Sent

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
              2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

To anyone else interested, the speckled trout and rock fish bite has been great. The best we've seen in years. With this upcoming week still projected to be in the 70's with night time temps in the high 50's. I don't see the bite slowing down; however, once summer sets in, the fish will become a little more scattered and move deeper.

I have this upcoming weekend free and so far, the weather looks good. Its a 2:00 high tide on June 10th, so this will be a 11:00am-3:00pm trip. If anyone is interested please let me know!

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                X