No announcement yet.

Does anyone here fish the South River?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone here fish the South River?

I have a house under contract in Londontowne and should be closing in July. I'm pretty excited because it's half a block from a community launch. I was wondering if anyone has success on South River. I don't seem to see much chatter or reports on here, Is it a matter of people not having much success or is water access just limited for the plastic boat crowd?

The Homeport Farm launch goes into Church Creek -- on the opposite shore from Londontowne. I often find stripers there by trolling and perch by casting along the shorelines. I imagine that you could find similar habitats around Londowtowne too. There are some good points on the river within a two-mile radius. You could try trolling or early morning topwater there. You can catch perch, spot, and croaker in the summer by dunking bait over oyster bottoms.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I bank fish the South River on the Londontowne side from time to time. I have caught good number of perch, small stripers, small blues, and even a specked trout once. I rarely take my yak out there as the only launch is a bit of a drag and if I launch at Weem or JG I have better lunch options
      Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
      Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Hi BimmerTech, I live near you and I kayak fish out of Pier 7 marina a good bit. Look forward to seeing you on the water!
        Harlan

Revo 13
        Trident 13
        Cuda 14
        Necky Tandem

Comment

My friend keeps his boat on the south river. Sometimes he does well near the mouth of the river. I fished with him on his boat 2 years ago and we tore them up. We were farther out, might be a long way for a kayak. We were in 30' of water. I got over a hundred fish including a 28'' and a 32''.

Comment

Had home inspection done yesterday and planning on closing end of june or first week of july. I'm excited to be on some fishable water(the inner harbor is my closest drop in now)

Harlan, traffic was a nightmare yesterday evening with the accident on 50 so my wife and I decided on finding a place to grab some food before heading home. We ended up at the restaurant right next to Pier 7, I feel like that might become my new favorite watering hole .

Comment

If you walk down to the Marina,One of my boats was there -the orange Jackson 14-the fish aren't too far from launch[emoji311][emoji485][emoji311]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Harlan

Revo 13
              Trident 13
              Cuda 14
              Necky Tandem

Comment

Just picked up a used revo 13 this week. I'm closer to the mouth of the South River. I'm going to launch @ Duvall Creek tomorrow morning.

Comment

Working...
                X