Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blackwater

We had a great day in VA. Low winds, clear water, and a fish or two....noting too crazy. Ill post a more detailed report of my spring adventures here soon. I'm still going through video and pictures. Thanks for asking.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Glad you guys had a good day out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice! May I ask what lures you were using? I've yet to catch a snakehead!!

Donnie
    Donnie

2012 Malibu Steath 14
    2013 Cuda 12

To add to the info of what I was using, make sure you are moving the frog like you would s spook; constant jerks and reeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Awesome, I go by Blackwater region often as I fish Hooper Island for Speckled Trout/Spring Stripers On Honga River & Taylor's Island for White Perch/Drums. That region has to be my favorite place on eastern shore, I even travel 3 hours there from West VA. I used to live in Cambridge, MD, definitely miss all the fishing opportunities I had there with multiple different fish species. You can go from freshwater to saltwater fishing in summer time without driving to far. I did a fishing trip with a close friend who works for DNR at Blackwater Refuge Area, caught plenty of big black largemouth bass, but no luck on snakeheads.

Which ramp did you launch from?

Quote Originally Posted by Donsail68 View Post
    Found Blackwater located at eastern shore. Wonder how did snakeheads get in there? They would have to cross the bay from Potomac River. Am I missing something here?

Donnie
    Last time I talked to DNR in Blackwater Refuge area, they mentioned people probably introduced them there for sport fishing opportunities as they rent out houses in summer time hunting/fishing.