Quick outing with my son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick outing with my son

Was able to get off work a little earlier than normal so I rushed home, loaded up and drove to St Mary's College.

Not even 100 yards from the boat ramp, my son hooked up and started reeling it in (trolling for rock fish).

Not gonna lie, I was a little surprised when instead of a small rock, he reeled in a small Blue. A little while later I hooked another Blue.

We fished for a total of 2 hours and were happy for the great weather and couple of bites we got. All Blues. Rocks did not want to play.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Cool Outing!
    Harlan

Revo 13
    Trident 13
    Cuda 14
    Necky Tandem

Comment

Wow, this seems really early for blues this far up the bay. Guess it's an off shoot of the terrific action on the shore. Glad you got out with your son and found some fishable water with the winds.
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Originally posted by elborikua View Post
        Was able to get off work a little earlier than normal so I rushed home, loaded up and drove to St Mary's College.

Not even 100 yards from the boat ramp, my son hooked up and started reeling it in (trolling for rock fish).

Not gonna lie, I was a little surprised when instead of a small rock, he reeled in a small Blue. A little while later I hooked another Blue.

We fished for a total of 2 hours and were happy for the great weather and couple of bites we got. All Blues. Rocks did not want to play.

Nice catches! I graduated from SMCM in 2010, it's a great school. I liked to fish when I was attending, but not nearly as much as now....which is probably a good thing because I may have never graduated.

Comment

Congrats. Looks like you had beautiful weather, caught some fish and got to spend time with your son. Good job dad!
          -manny

Hobie Outback
          Wilderness Systems 130T
          Hobie Outfitter

Comment

Originally posted by baitball View Post
            Congrats. Looks like you had beautiful weather, caught some fish and got to spend time with your son. Good job dad!
            Sure did. Thanks. We are looking forward to the summer top water action.

Comment

Working...
            X