Native Ultimate 12 Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
    If any Snaggedline members are interested in getting their own Ultimate 12 boats, there is a limited opportunity to get one at a fabulous price. I visited the Delaware Cabelas store this afternoon and checked out the two Native kayaks they have on display (Slayer Propel 10 and Ultimate 12). I was really surprised to see the sales price on a brand new Ultimate 12 -- $712 plus no tax. That is not a whole lot more than the dealer's cost on that model. They had two of them in stock. I don't know if other Cabelas stores have similar discounts on that model.

I asked the salesman why it was offered at such a low price (the normal retail price is about $950). He said that Cabelas will no longer carry that particular model. This price applies to existing inventory.
    What an excellent opportunity to get an extremely lightweight and functional new fishing kayak at a used boat price.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Great review! I used to have a 14' Ultimate with the tandem seat option. It was my very first kayak actually. In retrospect I should have gone with the light weight 12, but I eventually sold it for SOT since I could only have one boat at the time. It sure was a great kayak though. Wish I still had it sometimes, 50lbs is hard to beat!
      -Jon
      Revo 13

Comment

Originally posted by jsnyd86 View Post
        Great review! I used to have a 14' Ultimate with the tandem seat option. It was my very first kayak actually. In retrospect I should have gone with the light weight 12, but I eventually sold it for SOT since I could only have one boat at the time. It sure was a great kayak though. Wish I still had it sometimes, 50lbs is hard to beat!
        Thank you.

I've paddled the Ultimate 14.5 Solo extensively in FL.

It's a very seaworthy and comfortable boat. I think it would be great for fishing here in open water. But it is heavier than the Ultimate 12 by 10 pounds according to Native's specs. That's actually lighter than my Revo. But the Ultimate 14.5's extra length makes it a bit unwieldy (for me) to lift, balance and load. That's a two person job for old guys like me!
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
          Thank you.

I've paddled the Ultimate 14.5 Solo extensively in FL.

It's a very seaworthy and comfortable boat. I think it would be great for fishing here in open water. But it is heavier than the Ultimate 12 by 10 pounds according to Native's specs. That's actually lighter than my Revo. But the Ultimate 14.5's extra length makes it a bit unwieldy (for me) to lift, balance and load. That's a two person job for old guys like me!
          That's right, I do remember it being a bit cumbersome. I believe the 14ft was over 32 inches wide as well. That along with the height of the gunnel made it difficult to paddle after a while. Either way, a great boat and yes, very sea worthy! Especially if those skirts work well (never tried them myself)
          -Jon
          Revo 13

Comment

Working...
          X