No announcement yet.

Jamaica bay snaggedliner headcount?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I arriving sometime around noon on Thursday and am camping at Floyd Bennet Field the night of the 18th. I plan to launch from the North Channel Bridge two work the area near the airport unless there are reports of big blues working the channels / marsh.

PM me if that match's anyone's plans.

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
    Yep, several of us will be there. Just look for the MD license plates.
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

laughing at the mere THOUGHT of being able to keep up with Chimo.
      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

I've never fished with this Chimo character, but his unicorn status is intriguing. Challenge accepted
        Last edited by silasvirus82; 05-12-2017, 11:53 AM.
        2015 Hobie Outback
        2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Originally posted by silasvirus82 View Post
          I've never fishing with this Chimo character, but his unicorn status is intriguing. Challenge accepted
          Well, there's no real way to challenge. Us mortals need to come back to camp at some point to get even a little sleep and nourishment. Chimo is a different story altogether. He just sleeps on his kayak while still fishing. And he simply eats live bluefish for sustenance. His post stating that he'll be there is a little misleading. He never left from last years tournament. Been on the water the whole time since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          -Jimbo-

Berkley Powerpro - 100 yrd spool - 30#
          Berkley Powerpro - 100 yrd spool - 20#
          Fishbites - Saltwater version

Comment

Well, there's no real way to challenge. Us mortals need to come back to camp at some point to get even a little sleep and nourishment. Chimo is a different story altogether. He just sleeps on his kayak while still fishing. And he simply eats live bluefish for sustenance. His post stating that he'll be there is a little misleading. He never left from last years tournament. Been on the water the whole time since.

During the winter, when no fish were around, you'd think he would have given up... he just ate his tackle and stayed out there!

-Jimbo-

Comment

"On a calm summer night....you can still hear the zing of his phantom drag in the night. He still haunts this hallowed ground/bay"

Comment

We use carts to get our kayaks across the 1/4 mile of tarmac. Chimo just peddles his hobie across the tarmac.

-Jimbo-

Comment

One time Chimo came flying by me in the pumpkin patch, turned and waked me, then reached down into the water and pulled out a 47" weakfish with his bear hands.
                  Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                  Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                  https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                    One time Chimo came flying by me in the pumpkin patch, turned and waked me, then reached down into the water and pulled out a 47" weakfish with his bear hands.
                    True story! I have it on video.
                    -Jimbo-

Comment

Chimo swamped the big headboat with his wake. You'll see a coast guard helicopter out there to prevent it from happening again. It was terrifying!
                      -Jimbo-

Comment

I'm going to follow Jay's recommendation of chugging coconut juice to stay hydrated and add a 2000 calorie/hour diet to help keep up. I will also consider sabotage if things get out of hand.

EDIT: I can never say that word without thinking of the Beastie Boys
                        2015 Hobie Outback
                        2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Originally posted by silasvirus82 View Post
                          I'm going to follow Jay's recommendation of chugging coconut juice to stay hydrated and add a 2000 calorie/hour diet to help keep up. I will also consider sabotage if things get out of hand.

EDIT: I can never say that word without thinking of the Beastie Boys
                          My advice to you is quit while you're ahead. Chuck Norris did.
                          -Jimbo-

Comment

Packed up a ton of stuff yesterday, def. wont be able to focus at work from now through Wednesday.

Comment

Quite often you'll see a lot of NYPD helicopters flying in/out of their helipad next to the tournament site. They're not fighting crime or anything, Chimo hires them for the weekend to spot bunker for him.
                              <insert witty comment here>

Comment

I saw Chimo go by once.

IMG_6091.jpg
                                Jim

Hobie Outback
                                TKAA member
                                Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Working...
                                X