Thread: Severn Report-windy, but good fishing

Default Severn Report-windy, but good fishing

Got out yesterday on the Severn, wanted to make a solo trip, as I'm recovering from a minor atv spill, so I wasn't sure how long I would be out. Paddled/trolled for about 2 hours, and anchored up and bottom-fished for white perch with nightcrawlers for another 2 hours. Rockfish were scattered, caught about 8 I guess, mostly 12", a couple from 16-18" and a nice fat 20" on my way back in after I decided to try out a different jighead. I also caught a few trolling a gulp curltail mullet in chartreuse, and the typical zmans I used also produced as well. The water was fairly cloudy, so I was happy to get any fish, especially since wind usually kills my trolling success if it's high enough. Caught somewhere around 12 WP, and kept the biggest 5, which were 9-10". Steve (supfisher) was on shore not far away, and caught a new PB white perch (12.75", just shy of citation), and a few small rockfish too I believe. The 20" rockfish was a real fighter at the end, it jumped and came very far out of the water. I told him to come back in June, but he looked skeptical, smart fish.

Thank you for the report!

Thinking about going on my maiden voyage this Friday or Thursday.
    2016 Hobie Outback
    2015 Hobie Revolution 11

Happy to hear!!
    Harlan

Revo 13
    Trident 13
    Cuda 14
    Necky Tandem