Slow Morning on the Severn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow Morning on the Severn

John Veil & I launched from Jonas Green at 7:15 to a very low tide with building SE winds at 12-15.
    2017-05-04 07.04.48.jpg
    Going south was work, water broke over bow several times (I noticed at end of trip that the bow area where battery is kept had a little splash-first time). This is John passing in front of the Pride of Baltimore anchored in the harbor. 2017-05-04 07.36.05.jpg.

Got down to end of Greenbury with no strikes-John neither. Turned around and started back up-lot easier with wind and beginning of a flood . Nothing until I was almost at the 450 bridge. Left rod bent-thought I had some grass on it-but was a 8" schoolie. 5 minutes later the right rod bent strong. Had a good strong pull for about 4 minutes- was a 18-19".
    2017-05-04 09.04.00.jpg.
    I made another pass in the area, nothing so I decided to head in as the wind had built up. This time last spring we could land quite a lot of fish, but not this spring. Guess they decided to skip the Severn.
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

I don't know. Try the exact same pass without wind and you might do well. I fish the same area of water all the time and the bite just turns off with wind. Just my 2 cents.
    Native Titan Propel 12
    Humminbird Helix 7 MEGA DI/SI

Solo Skiff
    Mercury 6hp
    Humminbird Helix 7 MEGA DI/SI
    Minn Kota Riptide Powerdrive w/ Spot-Lock

Comment

John,

Nice shot of the Pride and John V.

It's a good thing the Severn has interesting sights...especially when the both weather and fish are a challenge.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

The grass is coming and making trolling a bit tough too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yea, we had to check our rods a couple of times. The creeks are full of pollen and catkins now, that also will start to flush out into the rivers. Just a part of spring. At least we don't have to wear our cold weather gear.
          John Rentch
          Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
          Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Working...
          X