Slower-Lower MD report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slower-Lower MD report

I hit the water yesterday at 9 am to fish the falling tide- trolled two rods and headed out...within 100 feet of the launch my 1/4 oz jighead/swimbait rod bent over- 16 inch striper...usually the kiss of death, but not yesterday- I caught six more on the way to fish the flats...the winds were a steady 15 gusting to 25...wet spray all-day made for a cool wet fishing trip-a banner day- I had three fish over 20 inches -the biggest was 25 inches...95 % were in the 16-20 inch range- fat football healthy fish that hit hard and gave a good fight on light spinning gear- I had planned to search around the shoreline for white perch but the bite was good so I stuck with striper C&R...I quit counting after 25 but I caught well over 30 fish...I headed in at 12:15 wore out... but having had a very good day- I left the fish biting- they had not stopped hitting...it seemed to me that the wind gusts were stronger after 10 a.m. but I didn't care...fighting the wind, spray and tide along with casting, landing fish made for a short 3 hour day for me...plus I was fishing alone...posted Iphone pictures on my FB page of the trip...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Good report! Glad to see that you got into many fish, and some that will be perfect eating size, after June 1 that is.

Comment

Ron,

You're a trooper to brave the high winds and waves.

The sporadic catches here in the mid-Bay deter my desire to fight the elements you faced.

Congratulations on a lot of quality pullage in a 3 hour window.

I wish this excessive wind would lay down.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Mark- I chose my fishing location knowing the wind forecast- it was a bit bumpy but not dangerous and Yakscientist- the 20 inch size limit of 2 fish per day begins May 16th- not June 1st...

Comment

Ron I just sent you a friend request, anxious to see the pics on facebook!

Thx,
          Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Sounds like braving the elements was worth the trip! Nice job
            Bruce

Hobie PA 14
            Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

FB friend request accepted- pardon my politics- I am a progressive...

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                FB friend request accepted- pardon my politics- I am a progressive...
                Friended you as well, though my posts might make even you seem like Rush Limbaugh....I do try to put up fish pics whenever I can though, to break up the rants.

Comment

Working...
                X