Rudee Inlet Gray Trout, Specks, and Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudee Inlet Gray Trout, Specks, and Blues

I took advantage of some time in the morning before work to get out on the water at Rudee. It was great not having the weekend fleet out there, but it was still pretty busy. I read reports of big blues and was hoping to find one today and some large specks. The bite should be turning on for flounder sometime soon with increasingly more anglers catching them week by week.
    J

I wish Rudee was a liiiiitle closer. The ESVA isn't too bad for me since I live in Salisbury, but the added drive over the CBBT and to Rudee is a little much sometimes. I usually go once every couple of years. It's a cool place for sure. Nice report.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Don't forget Lynnhaven Inlet...it is a lot bigger than Rudee and has miles and miles of backwater...redfish, flounder, blue fish and trout- Broad Bay...Wolfsnare Creek...Lynnhaven River...big big area back behind the Lesnar Bridge...
      Last edited by ronaultmtd; 05-04-2017, 03:12 PM.
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
        I wish Rudee was a liiiiitle closer. The ESVA isn't too bad for me since I live in Salisbury, but the added drive over the CBBT and to Rudee is a little much sometimes. I usually go once every couple of years. It's a cool place for sure. Nice report.
        I live in Chesapeake and I still haven't made it over to the Eastern Shore! Soon enough though.
        J

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
          Don't forget Lynnhaven Inlet...it is a lot bigger than Rudee and has miles and miles of backwater...redfish, flounder, blue fish and trout- Broad Bay...Wolfsnare Creek...Lynnhaven River...big big area back behind the Lesnar Bridge...
          I'm going to make a trip to Lynnhaven soon. I have not been there yet, but have heard it can be tricky with current speed and water depth (Hobie fins). There was a report this week of some slot Reds and large blues being caught in there. As with every new location, I'm willing to bet it will take some time to become familiar with the Lynnhaven features.
          J

Comment

I lived down in Tidewater for 34 years...fished it a lot and the Outer Banks...no matter where you live there is always "greener grass" on the other side of the street...Lynnhaven is a place that can be hot in one spot and cold in another- there is a big boat Boatel where the boats are stored inside and launched by big forklifts a mile or so up the Lynnhaven River- we used to fish up a ways from it for monster croakers and nice speckled trout...caught my first Virginia Citation spot there- a 16 oz spot...we were bait fishing for live bait before running out to the Chesapeake Light for Amberjacks, Cobia, and King Mackerel...
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

How did you get the place all to your self ? We were there last Friday morning right after the thunderstorms and there must have been 25 kayakers and about that many boaters in that area. We did catch Blues up to 36" but no trout or reds. I am thinking after all the rain that week it muddied up water and turned off the fish. The water in your video is looking much cleaner then our trip a week ago.
              Thanks for posting.
              Originally posted by Jman View Post

I took advantage of some time in the morning before work to get out on the water at Rudee. It was great not having the weekend fleet out there, but it was still pretty busy. I read reports of big blues and was hoping to find one today and some large specks. The bite should be turning on for flounder sometime soon with increasingly more anglers catching them week by week.
              Red Hobie outback
              Yellow Hobie outback

Jeff

Comment

Working...
              X