CHSP and Indian River Bay 4/29/2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHSP and Indian River Bay 4/29/2017

Took the Hobie out with my cousin this morning to fish at CHSP for our very first time taking our yaks to Delaware.. When we got there, it was really choppy and windy and decided to head back after staying about 20 min on the water. As we were packing up the kayaks back up, we ran into another SnaggedLine member in a Yellow Hobie (if you see this, I signed up and hi!) and exchanged words. We decided to head over to Indian River Bay despite reports saying only small snapper blues and small rockfish have been caught -- so we had pretty low expectations on hooking up with a big blue. That changed as we we started getting hits on top water in very shallow water ~1.5ft - 4ft. This was the first time both of us have ever hooked up with a giant blue. They fight really hard so it was really fun even though I lost a lot. Can't wait to catch more in the future.

I forgot to mention, we landed 4 big blues and I lost a lot. Could've stayed longer on the water, but the sun was setting. They seem to be plentiful at the Indian river Bay because there was a lot of splashing from blues. Also, a lot of random sandbars, so watch out if you have a pedal drive.

Comment

Great you signed up with SL Pete K! Great people with lots of information to share and be helpful. This is a great initial fishing report. We look forward to getting more from you

Yak67
      2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
      2016 Hobie Outback LE#217

Comment

It was nice meeting you guys yesterday. I should have followed you to Indian river bay. I got skunked after about 4 1/4 hours trolling and tossing too water. There were only a few blues caught while I was there and they seemed to be on cut bait not lures. Glad to see you signed up and hope to see some more reports for you guys.
        Jim

Hobie Outback
        TKAA member
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Working...
        X