Severn 4-28-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severn 4-28-17

Launched out of Jonas Green today around 2:30 PM, so I could catch some of the slack tide to make trolling easy once it swung into full high tide. I decided I wanted to get one last fish slime out of my Hobie Revo 16 before I put it on the market. I always forget how fast the 16 is compared to other models. I was doing 5-6 mph on the way back in with moderate effort and 3-4 mph with little to no effort at all. I used a 1/2 Oz red jig head with an Albino Ghost colored paddle tail, which was really effective today. I tried Chartreuse, but it didn't work really well. My search lure was a hot-rodded Rat-L-Trap, which caught most of my smaller fish. I had several double hook ups, when I had three rods out with one hook up resulting in two lines being tangled and cut by some structure under water.

Most of the fish were about 18-21", but the largest fish I caught today was 25" and put up a fun fight on light tackle. Most of the fish today were caught between 3-6 feet of water trolling against the current. It was a great day to be out kayaking and fishing!
    Last edited by Jman; 04-30-2017, 04:23 PM.
    J

Glad to hear the river has finally turned on for it's spring bite!
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

I have a suspicion that Jonas Green is going to be visited by a lot of plastic boats in the coming weeks, including mine.

Congratulations on your good outing.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Thanks, it's always nice to have that home field advantage when I can get out on the Severn.
        J

Comment

Great report and video! Good to see the mouth of the Severn alive with strippers. I saw this after I posted my query for shoreline trolling.

Comment

Working...
          X