Occoquan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occoquan

The Occoquan is full of Hickory Shad. Finally got the chance to try out my "new to me" PA 12 today. Launched at the regional park off of Ox Rd and started up the creek. Tossed a tandem dart rig in as I left the ramp, and in 200 yards I had the first of the day. Hooked a few more on the way up to above the pedestrian bridge, and then the fun really began. Fish after fish inhaled the darts. Many times I hooked up on five successive casts including at least 8 double headers. Three of the doubles were a shad on the short leader with a little striper on the long. Biggest striper of the day was close to 18", the rest were runts.

Conservative estimate is 50 shad, 12 stripers, a dozen fat herring and 2 nice white perch with roe still on board. That Hobie I got from Zach still has it's mojo.

Any chance you may want to hit it again this weekend? I would be willing to drive to meet you.

Comment

Originally posted by SMartin View Post
      Any chance you may want to hit it again this weekend? I would be willing to drive to meet you.
      One of the other fellas there today said there were 17 boats and a dozen yaks there on Sunday. I'm guessing Saturday would be worse. I'm out for the weekend, but I might be able to do a weekday next week.

Comment

Working...
      X