2nd Annual Chesapeake Summer Slam Fishing Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Annual Chesapeake Summer Slam Fishing Tournament

We are excited to announce the second annual Chesapeake Bay Summer Slam Derby fishing tournament. The derby will target striped bass, blue fish, red fish, sea trout and spanish mackerel in the Chesapeake Bay with the objective of catching the longest 3-fish "Slam" to win. It is a catch and photo tournament that will run from May 1 through September 16. There is a division for kayak anglers so we hope to get some good SnaggedLine participation. All waters of the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries in MD and VA are open in the competition. Last year we had a few guys from SnaggedLines enter and they liked the format and really seemed to enjoyed fishing in the derby. The end of tournament party was a blast.

There will be prizes for the winning slam in each division, as well as prizes for the largest fish of each species regardless of division. Registration is now open and cost is $40 per division. Anglers will receive a tournament performance shirt and ticket to our end of derby party at the Big Owl Tiki Bar in Kent Narrows with their entry.

Click the link below for complete rules and to register today and good luck!

http://store.technicalfisherman.com/products

The tournament is being hosted by technicalfisherman.com and in the interest of transparency I am affiliated with the Technical Fisherman.

I can honestly say this is one of the most fun tournament I participated in all year. In full disclosure, I did win the kayak division, so I received some nice prices, but had I not won, it would have still been a blast. Although the $40 is a little more than some tournaments, it lasts all summer. This gave my random fishing trips more of "purpose" because I always carried an identifier with me. The best part was the end of the year party at Big Owls Tiki Bar, in Kent island. There was great food (crab cakes, dips, bar food, etc.) and free beers for you and a guest. You also received a nice performance long sleeve T-Shirt. That alone, plus the food/beers is worth the entry fee.

For winning the kayak division, I won't a custom rod with a 3000 sized flueger spinning reel, a Engle Soft Bag Cooler, buff, and some other items. Not a bad haul for taking pictures of the fish I was going to catch anyway. This years earlier start date provides a great opportunity for some bigger rockfish (and red drum too).

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Sounds fun.... But I would have to broaden my horizons and catch something other than stripers and white perch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Big rockfish bite is hard right now
        Native Watercraft Pro Staff
        2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
        33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
        2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

Comment

Working...
        X