Advice on fishing this end of week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on fishing this end of week

79-83 degress by Friday- I have Friday and Sat off to fish. I really want to get on some Gator Blues- possibly Lewes DE or Cape Henlopen?- How is it getting a kayak to the beach at Lewes?- access/ patrolled etc?- Best place to ener the water- Indian River Inlet looks scary!- If this does not work out, will fish either Beverly Triton for stripers or Fort SMallwood- Has anyone been really getting into them locally- any advice would be appreciated. How's fishing out of Fenwick (I heard the Blues are there now as well)- If too windy, can fish for blues off the rock pier at barnegate inlet NJ- Has anyone done this- looks like very good access. (A few yrs ago I almost got sucked out sea in the outgoing tide in this inlet- lots of big boats and rips- not recommended!- Any advice for where to fish toward the end of the week would be great!-

I was thinking about Smallwood Thursday after work. I can update you how the fishing is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I went out of Beverly Triton on Saturday. Caught a few white perch and a Hickory shad. The chatter on the VHF from the charters was 40-60 feet deep for Rock. I was thinking of going out of Smallwood or Beverly Triton on Thursday afternoon.
      2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

Originally posted by jbrown View Post
        79-83 degress by Friday- I have Friday and Sat off to fish. I really want to get on some Gator Blues- possibly Lewes DE or Cape Henlopen?- How is it getting a kayak to the beach at Lewes?- access/ patrolled etc?- Best place to ener the water- Indian River Inlet looks scary!- If this does not work out, will fish either Beverly Triton for stripers or Fort SMallwood- Has anyone been really getting into them locally- any advice would be appreciated. How's fishing out of Fenwick (I heard the Blues are there now as well)- If too windy, can fish for blues off the rock pier at barnegate inlet NJ- Has anyone done this- looks like very good access. (A few yrs ago I almost got sucked out sea in the outgoing tide in this inlet- lots of big boats and rips- not recommended!- Any advice for where to fish toward the end of the week would be great!-
        If you launch from CHSP, there are 2 popular launches: 1. right next to the fishing pier there is a pathway to the beach (quite long, narrow, relatively flat) 2. launch that is right east of the inner wall (shorter, downhill to the beach means uphill back to the car). It'll be a pain either way unless you have wheels to help out. I just fished on Sunday on a boat trolling in 3-7' of water right along the chsp beach and got 4x 30" blues. I saw about 4-5 kayakers and I'm sure they hooked up as well. GL
        Daniel Kwon
        2019 Hobie Outback Slate Blue
        2002 Triumph 190 Bay Suzuki DF115

Comment

Interesting. Wow. Those are some big blues! What a thrill. The Cape it is! I will post pics.

Comment

I plan on going out Friday. Let me know if you want some company. I usually launch from the " boat reporting station ". Never tried the pier launch. I'm flexible.

Comment

Originally posted by BluefishLou View Post
              I plan on going out Friday. Let me know if you want some company. I usually launch from the " boat reporting station ". Never tried the pier launch. I'm flexible.
              Send me a PM. Company would be great. I have never been there. Boat Reporting Station? Not familiar. Friday sounds good.

Comment

I'm a lot closer than you are, set the time, and we can meet at the park entrance.

Comment

I might show up as well. It is my anniversary this weekend. But 30" blues I might have to make some time.

Comment

Sounds good. What time and which location.

Comment

I will be at Cape Henlopen Friday morning. But have a few questions as I have never been there. The 'Blues' bite- Do you have to be there at the crack of dawn to get on them, or can I sleep in and get there at 8am and have biting fish through the day? How strict are they with fishing licenses etc- Can you buy a license at the 'boat reporting station'- Does everyone have to 'log in' at the station- Thanks so much for the advice ahead of time. Black Mazda 3 with grey/ white Hobie Outback- JB

Comment

It looks like i'm not going to fish till Sunday morning. If you guys go Friday let me know how you do. jbrown, I have not fished for blues there. Don't know anything about a boat reporting station. I would get a license from a local tackle shop. You can just go to the park and launch by the fishing pier. it is probably 60 or 70 yards from the parking lot to the water.

Comment

I should be fishing the Cape early tomorrow morning. Probably by seven or eight. Winds tonight r breezy at 15 miles an hour but tomorrow no more than about 5 mph. Should be a calm warm day. Hopefully water gets up to 60°. Looking for first gator. I am going to fish from the beach in Lewews this evening. See what happens?

Comment

Originally posted by dkwon View Post
                            If you launch from CHSP, there are 2 popular launches: 1. right next to the fishing pier there is a pathway to the beach (quite long, narrow, relatively flat) 2. launch that is right east of the inner wall (shorter, downhill to the beach means uphill back to the car).
                            I'm new to the area as well. This weekend will be my first time there. Are these the two locations youre referring to (red X's)?

CHSP_Launches.jpg
                            "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
                            Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Originally posted by nhunter344 View Post
                              I'm new to the area as well. This weekend will be my first time there. Are these the two locations youre referring to (red X's)?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21348[/ATTACH]
                              The top right x is correct. The x near the pier should be on the left side of the pier instead of on the right. I'm sure you could find a way to launch from the right side of the pier, but the path from the parking lot that many kayakers use leads to the beach on the left side of the pier.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
                              Daniel Kwon
                              2019 Hobie Outback Slate Blue
                              2002 Triumph 190 Bay Suzuki DF115

Comment

Working...
                              X