Friday Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Blues

Had some fun fighting blues in Delaware on Friday.

IMG_20170421_165938.jpg IMG_20170421_165934.jpg IMG_20170421_165930.jpg 18157570_10154846191464064_8964922073481904344_n.jpg
    Last edited by Goody; 04-24-2017, 01:35 PM.

Outback 2015
    Maui

Nice fish!
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Cool fish! I hope to catch a few next week in the OBX. Do the big ones taste any good?

Comment

That's awesome! We went yesterday but a dolphin school (porpoises?) came through the flat in the morning and seemed to clear them out. We caught some small tog around the wall and right as we were packing up the blues hit the beach again! Oh well good to see them around and I hope to get back up there before they clear out!
        Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Nicely done sir!! I hope to be there doing the same thing in a couple of days...
          Bruce

Hobie PA 14
          Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

those are some big mother's! well done!
            Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Went out yesterday on a friend's boat and caught 5 blues all over 30".
              This one was the biggest, close to 40". Too big to keep and was properly released.
              IMG_20170423_161125_757.jpg
              Michael
              2016 Hobie Mirage Outback
              Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
                Cool fish! I hope to catch a few next week in the OBX. Do the big ones taste any good?
                I tend to like the smaller ones so I kept the smallest one which was 32". I think they are good on the grill with a little salt and pepper. It's a taste preference. I like them and others not so much.

Outback 2015
                Maui

Comment

Originally posted by Mbae View Post
                  Went out yesterday on a friend's boat and caught 5 blues all over 30".
                  This one was the biggest, close to 40". Too big to keep and was properly released.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]21311[/ATTACH]
                  Nice!

Outback 2015
                  Maui

Comment

Nicely done! They sure are fun and acrobatic!

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
                    Do the big ones taste any good?
                    They are certainly stronger tasting than smaller ones would be (like under 24"), and have a lot of dark meat when they are this size. I ended up having to keep one Friday evening because it about had half digested my pencil popper by the time I landed it. There was no way to get the plug out without killing the fish or tearing apart it's gills. I'm going to smoke it and see how it is. I've never smoked a big one before.
                    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
                      Nicely done! They sure are fun and acrobatic!

They are certainly stronger tasting than smaller ones would be (like under 24"), and have a lot of dark meat when they are this size. I ended up having to keep one Friday evening because it about had half digested my pencil popper by the time I landed it. There was no way to get the plug out without killing the fish or tearing apart it's gills. I'm going to smoke it and see how it is. I've never smoked a big one before.
                      I kept two of the smallest I could find a couple years back when I got into them last at CHSP. I think both were 28". Bled on the water, trimmed the red meat and blackened some same day caught they were really good. Smoked the rest and really good too. Properly taken care of, they're quite good.

Nice Goody!
                      Ryan
                      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Working...
                      X