April 22nd Double Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 22nd Double Report

Faced with rain that was mostly light we headed out at the crack of dawn. Ran to the fishing grounds with clear glasses on to keep the rain from pelting my eyes. Crew of four ready for what I suspected was going to be an epic day. First fish was a three foot gar that leaped about 3 feet in the air and came off. It was an epic leap on a 16 foot pole. 10 minutes he hits another line and jumps and comes off. Action was slow but steady, and around our 20th crappie a few big ones came in. Then we had triples and few doubles. And poof ran thru all our bait.

Capt Mike

Rain gear report. Last year when this crew fished with me, it was in exactly the same weather, rainy and breezy. Last year it didn't start to rain until we arrived at the fishing area. I put on my rain gear and asked if they had rain gear. The answer was, "yes, it dry and safe back in the truck." After that day, I'll never have to remind this crew about rain gear. Can you imagine fishing today without it...?

Well, they had it and we fished comfortably in the rain and breeze. Pretty good the first hour and then we picked at them. Capt Mike found the hot spot and we moved in and almost finished out our limit. We even got a gar on a crappie pole that measured 40". They also for the second year in a row, broke my picture pole...

This crew fishes with IHC a lot and are always a blast.

Capt Dave
Working...
X