Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some Drag Burning Fun

Default Some Drag Burning Fun

It looks like blues are spread from AI to CHSP from the reports; both out front and in the back.

I went out Friday, and again this evening, for an hour or so. Friday I launched right into the wolf pack with my first 6 cast resulting in fish. Multiple fish crashing my topwater simultaneously each time. I actually got cut off twice from fish other than the one I hooked I was only in 3 ft of water and some of them were almost coming completely out of the water as the chased the plug. It was some of the most exciting fishing I've had in awhile.

This evening was a little windier, choppier, with rain showers, and I had to search a little for them. I never did find a school of them, but still managed to pickup up 2 singles that were roaming around.

Big blues on topwater - now that's a good day!!
    Bruce

Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Nice! I know you're still upset over losing lures. Lol.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Yep...looks like the blues are coming back to the sizes they used to be in the late 70's early 80's...they were so thick back then it was unbelievable- 12-20 pound bluefish by the millions...we used to joke that you could put a treble hook on a beer can and catch bluefish....and we used coated wire leaders on everything because of bluefish...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Outback
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13

Beasts! Sounds like a great time. Topwater blues sound like a lot of fun, but add in the size and it sounds a little scary in the dark. hahaha

Nice, I hope I can get a chance to get in on some of this action after my second son's born, but before they leave!
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Quote Originally Posted by DanMarino View Post
    Beasts! Sounds like a great time. Topwater blues sound like a lot of fun, but add in the size and it sounds a little scary in the dark. hahaha
    This bigger ones are actually not as crazy as the little ones. They're relatively calm once landed.
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

nice fish pictures and on top water
    Red Hobie outback
    Yellow Hobie outback

Jeff

Nothing but strong reports continuing to come out of Lewes. I am hoping to head there med week to get in on the fun. Crossing my fingers and toes they are still there. I missed them by 2 days last year....
    Bruce

Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDfense View Post
    Nice! I know you're still upset over losing lures. Lol.
    Yes. Yes I was, haha. I was over it until I lost a third plug tonight. Broke me off above the leader. And of course it was when I was using a brand new popper. What was I thinking not using my old stuff?!

Quote Originally Posted by EMSer View Post
    Nothing but strong reports continuing to come out of Lewes. I am hoping to head there med week to get in on the fun. Crossing my fingers and toes they are still there. I missed them by 2 days last year....
    Oh, yea! I went back out this evening last minute. Fished for an hour and a half and got, no joke, 2 dozen of them; all 30 - 36". I didn't go more than 3 - 4 casts without hooking up or at least having one crash the plug. Topwater until dark and a bomber after dark. Hope they are still there after this blow we are supposed to get the next couple days. Don't be afraid to look outside CHSP either to avoid googan central