Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Potomac River on Fire

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    458

    Default Potomac River on Fire

    Smallmouth going full throttle on Potomac and Shenandoah near Harpers Ferry. Lots of walleye still around to nab as well. Grub, minnows, tubes, flukes will all work. If anyone is interested in coming up this way PM me.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zack
    Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
    Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
    "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Posts
    134

    Default

    A buddy and I went and did a quick float last week from Brunswick to Lander. River was high and muddy after the rain. It was an off day but still managed to catch a few. This is a awesome fishery up there. They might not always be the biggest but usually you can catch them in numbers. I wouldn't mind hooking into a walleye one day. Tight lines!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Desert Camo- Moken 14
    Tan- Tarpon 140

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    2,421

    Default

    Nice catching, Zack.

    I couldn't help but notice the "no fishing" sign in the bottom photo.

    You secret is good with me!
    Mark

    Olive Hobie Revo 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12

    Author: The Simple Joys of Kayak Fishing (Tips and Tales From an Old Guy in His Plastic Boat)
    Available on Amazon.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Midway between Baltimore and Washington
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Great photos! Love them Upper Potomac smallies. I've never caught a walleye yet from the river for some reason.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Nice catching, Zack.

    I couldn't help but notice the "no fishing" sign in the bottom photo.

    You secret is good with me!
    Haha that sign says no fishing beyond the walkway. Crazy hillbillies climb over the fence and want to straddle a rock right over the hydroplant while fishing lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zack
    Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
    Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
    "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FishMoken View Post
    A buddy and I went and did a quick float last week from Brunswick to Lander. River was high and muddy after the rain. It was an off day but still managed to catch a few. This is a awesome fishery up there. They might not always be the biggest but usually you can catch them in numbers. I wouldn't mind hooking into a walleye one day. Tight lines!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea numbers are never a problem, it's finding them with size In such skinny water. You really gotta find a nice stretch of deep water to get the hogs. There's days where we go to shallow fast water with te objective of numbers, and other days we head out to larger sections of the river knowing we won't catch near as many, but we'll have a better shot at bigger fish.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zack
    Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
    Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
    "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanMarino View Post
    Great photos! Love them Upper Potomac smallies. I've never caught a walleye yet from the river for some reason.
    That was actually my first out of the Shenandoah. I don't even really target them anymore. They can be a PITA to target and they're not very exciting to me anyways.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zack
    Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
    Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
    "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    307

    Default

    I'll keep the offer in mind


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    15

    Default

    MIGHT be in Harpers this weekend but the weather looks gross. Yak required or are you successful from shore?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WVKayakFisher View Post
    MIGHT be in Harpers this weekend but the weather looks gross. Yak required or are you successful from shore?
    Either or. Right now areas where fast water meets slack water are good targets. If the river is gonna be high I'd just see what you can do from the bank. Stop in Kelly's white fly, but some tackle, and ask Brian for some decent spots he's the man. I haven't looked at the gauges and I haven't been out since this post so I'm not sure what's what.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zack
    Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
    Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
    "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •