Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hickories

I am unsure of that as that is not in my area. Check some local forums or maybe someone on here will know.
    Tarpon 120, no electronics, no pedals.
    Tarpon 100, the karma boat.

I've been trying to catch & release them in as many different locations. I am up to 14 right now.

Default Hickories

Quote Originally Posted by RussellK View Post
    Do you think there might be shad upstream of Patuxent river near Rt. 214 bridge? It minutes away from my work. Thank you
    That's a good question. I always thought that the striper follow the shad run upstream. The shad get funneled into the Potomac and that creates good pinch points for us to line the shores, but I think the rest continue up the Chesapeake. Idk how far they're willing to travel but the mouth of Pax and Potomac are pretty close to each other and Fletcher's is a much further swim than that bridge.
    Shad love current though. I've never fished up that way on pax but if there's not a good amount of water flow they probably won't be there. Maybe someone who has can fill us in better.
    -Jon
    Revo 13
    Forest Camo Jackson Cuda 14

Was in Havre de Grace yesterday, noticed hundreds of shad floating everywhere. What is going on with fish kills on the flats.
    Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
    Torqeedo Ultralight 403

I saw a lot of dead mud shad at Susquehanna last week. I don't know what is killing them but at least I didn't see any dead Hickories or Americans.