Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ocean kayak caper..advice

getting ready to buy a prowler. i weigh about 200 pounds. Think that will work for me?

Quote Originally Posted by msjcl View Post
    getting ready to buy a prowler. i weigh about 200 pounds. Think that will work for me?
    The prowler is a good kayak, it is a older design by ocean kayak and a lot of there older models were well known for being a "wet ride". Even with a weight capacity of 400lbs or something like that plan on there to be a little water in the foot wells and maybe some in the seating area. I believe they raised the seat area in the newer models to help with this issue. Not a huge deal just get some scupper plugs and your all set. It is really a versatile kayak. You can take it out in a river one day then surf launch it the next. I think you will be pleased with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Desert Camo- Moken 14
    Tan- Tarpon 140

I've got a Trident 13. Can be a wet ride at times but usually when the conditions are on the rougher side. I bought some one way scupper plugs that allow water to drain, but not collect in the seat or tank well areas. The front scuppers stay open.