fly rod march fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fly rod march fishing

HI all ! I fish with rods I build . I have been building and using fiberglass for the last few years . I had a few good days last year . One day from one spot , white perch , yellow perch , shad , large mouth , rock fish and snakehead . All with 8' , 6 wt . One other day sticks in my mind . Trying out a 8' , 4 wt. fiberglass I had just finished , from one spot , 30 ++ rocks 12 " - 20 " , and 30 ++ white perch , with many over 10 ". good fishing to all

That's some spot!

Were you fishing at the National Aquarium in Baltimore?

Seriously, glass fly rods are regaining popularity.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

If you are a fly fisherman you know that not all days are like that . I am not as productive with fly rod as I am with spinning rod . I have been fly and spin fishing for 50+ years . I find it harder to cover all the depths with a fly rod . when conditions are right it is a lot of fun .

Comment

Covering all depths does take some equip. When fishing salt I take one rod with 8 wt intermediate sinking, 9wt with 350 grain sinking, and floating 8 wt. but not just reg lines some with special heads and tapers to turn over those flies. I especially like SA Titian taper for the intermediate and floating. I also use Titian in fresh on 6 and 8 wts.

Comment

Originally posted by On the fly View Post
          Covering all depths does take some equip. When fishing salt I take one rod with 8 wt intermediate sinking, 9wt with 350 grain sinking, and floating 8 wt. but not just reg lines some with special heads and tapers to turn over those flies. I especially like SA Titian taper for the intermediate and floating. I also use Titian in fresh on 6 and 8 wts.
          Plus one on the Scientific Anglers Titan taper. It loads easy, casts far and lands softly. It's the best line I've ever used.
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
          X