Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's everyone's "Go-To" White Perch Lure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's everyone's "Go-To" White Perch Lure?

This has probably been asked before, but seeing I haven't been on Snaggedline in ages, I was just wondering what's everyone's go-to white perch lure.

My go-to lure is a 3/16 oz Booyah "Shad" colored Pond Magic Spinnerbait.

200978_ts.jpg

It definitely eliminates the smaller White Perch, and has been a killer for me the past 4 years on the larger White Perch. Also, managed to catch Chain Pickeral, Stripers, Small Speckled Trout, Croakers, & largemouth bass.

This is a 1/8 oz. spinner I make from a Do-It mold.

A.jpg

Color does not appear to matter to the perch I catch with them so I make them to please my eye.

Like AmberjackYakin's choice it has attracted numerous species: pickerel, white perch, stripers, largemouth bass and smallmouth bass.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I use the small spinnerbaits , small in line spinners , and the old stand by 1/8 +/- jig head with what ever on it .

Comment

The biggest perch I caught last year were always on the 4" zman diezel minnow on a 1/4oz head, usually just sitting in the water, "dead sticking" I guess. I would troll it up to a cove, then I would leave it out in the water as I slowed down or stopped to bottom fish for perch with bait. Sure enough, more often than not, it would get nailed by a 11-13" perch. I like a good double or single bottom rig with small circle hooks, baited with razor clams, that's my go-to setup. For perch, I prefer bait, but maybe I will diversify this year and try some lures. From what I hear, they're already catching a fair amount of white perch in the severn river, not sure about any of the other rivers though.

Comment

I like beetle spins and roadrunners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like the Vmc neon moon eyes jig heads with lake fork soft plastic sickle tail and put a jig spinner on it. Also other baits mentioned. Also homemade jig heads

Comment

beetle spin or any similar lure.
              Red Hobie outback
              Yellow Hobie outback

Jeff

Comment

I've never caught them on anything other than a white beetle spin. I like the idea of dead sticking the 4 in swimbait. I will be trying that soon in a tidal river near you!
                Gregory
                ​Ain't Misbehavin'
                2014 Pro Angler 12
                '

Comment

[Mini chatterbait....though I replace the minnow with a pearl grub

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
                  14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                  2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...50103&__tn__=E

Comment

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Comment

These two variations of the Do-it mold #3288 Crappie Spinner jig have been my go-to tidal creek variations. I use them for my personal fishing about 95% of the time for WP.

I still have a batch left from the Flea Market.........

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

If we want to get some seriously huge perch for our clients in the charter boat, we use pieces of soft crab on a small fish finder rig, with about a 2/0 hook and hit the pilings of the Bay Bridge, and the sunken bridge on the Severn. But you've gotta be ready for some large surprise by-catch...........

Comment

My favorite WP lire is Mark's and your spinners. Both have been very successful for me.
                          John Rentch
                          Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
                          Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Stu's Bignose spinners definitely catch perch. I use that rig on nearly all of my perching trips. It also fools stripers and pickerel.
                            John Veil
                            Annapolis
                            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I like using silver blue kastmasters around docks and weeds.
                              PigPen - Mt Airy
                              Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Working...
                              X