Quick Rudee Report 4/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Rudee Report 4/13

Gary (Hemminway) and I fished Rudee Thursday night for a few hours hoping to land a nice speck or bluefish. We launched around 8:45PM. In short, it was a decent night. Gary started things off by catching a 20" speck and I proceeded to catch quite a few stripers. After some smaller specks and some searching, Gary caught an almost keeper puppy drum. I joined him and again continued on my striper streak; with fish up to 24". Finally, after a while I connected with a 26" bluefish on my med light trout rod. That was a fun tussle. We packed it up around 11:30PM.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
    Gary (Hemminway) and I fished Rudee Thursday night for a few hours hoping to land a nice speck or bluefish. We launched around 8:45PM. In short, it was a decent night. Gary started things off by catching a 20" speck and I proceeded to catch quite a few stripers. After some smaller specks and some searching, Gary caught an almost keeper puppy drum. I joined him and again continued on my striper streak; with fish up to 24". Finally, after a while I connected with a 26" bluefish on my med light trout rod. That was a fun tussle. We packed it up around 11:30PM.
    Thanks for the report. So it seems that few big specks came in in the middle of incoming tide and left after the high tide. I don't know how you handle a bluefish at night. I hate hooking a large bluefish at night.

Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

I didn't exactly know what I had because I hooked it waaaaay up past the aquarium where there was virtually zero light. He hit right beside the boat so the fight was close and hectic. I grabbed the net and as I was ready to scoop him up, his crazy self jumped 2 feet out of the water and landed into the net! I couldn't help but laugh. I don't know how I would feel after several of them in the dark, but one was a blast.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
      Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
      2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
        I didn't exactly know what I had because I hooked it waaaaay up past the aquarium where there was virtually zero light. He hit right beside the boat so the fight was close and hectic. I grabbed the net and as I was ready to scoop him up, his crazy self jumped 2 feet out of the water and landed into the net! I couldn't help but laugh. I don't know how I would feel after several of them in the dark, but one was a blast.
        After reading your description, I may try Rudee again at night before mosquitoes come out. At the moment, my plan is hitting "Wise Point" for flounder. Even though it will be hit-or-miss.

Joe
        Fish like there's no tomorrow.
        Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Working...
        X