Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: May meet and Greet May 20th

Quote Originally Posted by LivinTheDream View Post
    I'll be there for fishing and lunch and bringing a friend. The flats have always been rough on me, so I'm hoping for a better day (or two). We will likely stay the weekend since the weather looks good and it's a pretty good drive for us. We'll be hoping to find water clear enough of weeds to troll for stripers and also spend some time dropping creature baits into weeds for LMB.
    It will be great seeing you again since Janes Island. Several of us that you met at Janes Island will be at this M&G.
    MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
    2016 Hobie Outback LE
    Kayak Crabbing since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by DonV View Post
    Two in here for fishing and lunch. Anyone else camping at the Park?
    Got the last campsite for Friday and Saturday nights and hope to see some other Snaggedliners.

Fishing related I have a whole bunch of questions. I know what to try for the stripers but I'm not much of a bass fisherman. Do have a good assortment of lures both hard and soft. What is the prefered technique for bass fishing the Flats this time of year? Spinnerbaits, soft plastics, crankbaits? Any other species opportunities, white perch, cats or such?
    For bass in this area this time of year for river and flats my go to is 6" #1 pumpkinseed or #2 black speckled curly tail texas rigged, Then single or double bladed spinner (waters dirty right now so darker color), Rattle traps, Broke backs, Whopper Ploppers or Crank baits.
    Sun Camo Feel Free Lure 13.5
    Lowrance Elite 7 ti w/Totalscan
    B & C Power Yaks transom mount
    Minn Kota 45 Riptide
    Gama Electronics RF340-80A-SC wireless pwm controller
    Re-Lion 75Ah Lithium Iron Deep Cycle

I am out for this trip. Sorry for the late notice

I'm considering coming, but there is a small craft advisory. I'm really not fond of fishing when it's really windy. How is this area with wind from the NE?

Quote Originally Posted by LoudounFisher View Post
    I'm considering coming, but there is a small craft advisory. I'm really not fond of fishing when it's really windy. How is this area with wind from the NE?
    I just checked the winds for the flats tomorrow is 10 mph or less from the north/east and we are fishing the north/east side of the flats so that should be good.
    Winder finder says 13 or less and the other site claims 8 mph.
    Red Hobie outback
    Yellow Hobie outback

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by BarefootPetr View Post
    I am out for this trip. Sorry for the late notice
    Ok thanks for letting me know
    Red Hobie outback
    Yellow Hobie outback

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Boat View Post
    I just checked the winds for the flats tomorrow is 10 mph or less from the north/east and we are fishing the north/east side of the flats so that should be good.
    Winder finder says 13 or less and the other site claims 8 mph.

I see 10 with up to 20 gusts and dropping to 7 thru the day. Doesn't sound ideal but not to terrible and we will see what happens. They may be howling at 30 or wafting at 5, I've learned to have some skepticism with the wind forecasts. If it is bad the launch further up the river under the train bridge can be an option.

I wasn't planning on attending, but it looks like I'll be able to get out after all. I'll probably launch at Tydings at sunrise rather than waiting for Perryville to open. I was out there this morning and it took awhile to get them dialed in, but eventually managed a few keeper sized fish.

(Friendly reminder that you can only keep one rock between 20-26". That part of the webpage for the regs is easy to miss.)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Kevin

2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Default Windy Yet?

Quote Originally Posted by DonV View Post
    I see 10 with up to 20 gusts and dropping to 7 thru the day. Doesn't sound ideal but not to terrible and we will see what happens. They may be howling at 30 or wafting at 5, I've learned to have some skepticis
    m with the wind forecasts. If it is bad the launch further up the river under the train bridge can be an option.
    Preparing to leave Annapolis and the wind is definitely not favorable here. Any reports from the launch site?
    Gregory
    ​Ain't Misbehavin'
    2014 Pro Angler 12
    '

So how did everyone do?? I got called in for work, so couldn't​ make it.
    2017 Hobie Camo Outback
    2016 Vibe Sea Ghost