No announcement yet.

May meet and Greet May 20th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two in here for fishing and lunch. Anyone else camping at the Park?
    Got the last campsite for Friday and Saturday nights and hope to see some other Snaggedliners.

Fishing related I have a whole bunch of questions. I know what to try for the stripers but I'm not much of a bass fisherman. Do have a good assortment of lures both hard and soft. What is the prefered technique for bass fishing the Flats this time of year? Spinnerbaits, soft plastics, crankbaits? Any other species opportunities, white perch, cats or such?
    Last edited by DonV; 05-17-2017, 06:36 PM.

Comment

I am not much of a bass fisherman either maybe one of the regulars can answer that ?
      I have caught perch on bait and spinners and little crankbaits here.
      The catfish and striper also like cut bait. but I have also caught the catfish on striper lures
      Red Hobie outback
      Yellow Hobie outback

Jeff

Comment

It's come to my attention that when you search google or your GPS for Perry point community park the wrong park my come up.
        The address for the park is Marion tap parkway Perryville md 21903
        That's the road thru the park.
        The easiest way into the park is from route 40 just to the east of Perryville follow the signs "truck entrance to the VA hospital". the park is on the left just before you get to the hospital gate. From RT40 turn on to Caudon blvd then left onto Ikea way after you cross the bridge over the railroad turn right into the park/VA center entrance then left just before you get to the VA hospital gate onto Marion tapp parkway. Follow that parkway around to the kayak launch
        https://www.google.com/maps/search/+...-76.067145,15z
        https://www.google.com/maps/place/39...7!4d-76.047686
        Red Hobie outback
        Yellow Hobie outback

Jeff

Comment

GPS Coordinates to the Kayak Launch:

39°32'51.8"N 76°02'51.7"W
          Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

It looks like we are going to have a good turn out Saturday
            21 fishing with around 18 staying for lunch. and a couple of maybe's
            Even if you haven't signed up and want to fish just show up and join us. The more the merrier
            The official UHF channel for this meet and greet will be 68.

Hobie Matt posted a good report from last night. The fishing is looking good
            Red Hobie outback
            Yellow Hobie outback

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by LivinTheDream View Post
              I'll be there for fishing and lunch and bringing a friend. The flats have always been rough on me, so I'm hoping for a better day (or two). We will likely stay the weekend since the weather looks good and it's a pretty good drive for us. We'll be hoping to find water clear enough of weeds to troll for stripers and also spend some time dropping creature baits into weeds for LMB.
              It will be great seeing you again since Janes Island. Several of us that you met at Janes Island will be at this M&G.
              MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
              2016 Hobie Outback LE
              Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
              https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

Originally posted by DonV View Post
                Two in here for fishing and lunch. Anyone else camping at the Park?
                Got the last campsite for Friday and Saturday nights and hope to see some other Snaggedliners.

Fishing related I have a whole bunch of questions. I know what to try for the stripers but I'm not much of a bass fisherman. Do have a good assortment of lures both hard and soft. What is the prefered technique for bass fishing the Flats this time of year? Spinnerbaits, soft plastics, crankbaits? Any other species opportunities, white perch, cats or such?
                For bass in this area this time of year for river and flats my go to is 6" #1 pumpkinseed or #2 black speckled curly tail texas rigged, Then single or double bladed spinner (waters dirty right now so darker color), Rattle traps, Broke backs, Whopper Ploppers or Crank baits.

Comment

I am out for this trip. Sorry for the late notice

Comment

I'm considering coming, but there is a small craft advisory. I'm really not fond of fishing when it's really windy. How is this area with wind from the NE?

Comment

Originally posted by LoudounFisher View Post
                      I'm considering coming, but there is a small craft advisory. I'm really not fond of fishing when it's really windy. How is this area with wind from the NE?
                      I just checked the winds for the flats tomorrow is 10 mph or less from the north/east and we are fishing the north/east side of the flats so that should be good.
                      Winder finder says 13 or less and the other site claims 8 mph.
                      Red Hobie outback
                      Yellow Hobie outback

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by BarefootPetr View Post
                        I am out for this trip. Sorry for the late notice
                        Ok thanks for letting me know
                        Red Hobie outback
                        Yellow Hobie outback

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Plastic Boat View Post
                          I just checked the winds for the flats tomorrow is 10 mph or less from the north/east and we are fishing the north/east side of the flats so that should be good.
                          Winder finder says 13 or less and the other site claims 8 mph.

I see 10 with up to 20 gusts and dropping to 7 thru the day. Doesn't sound ideal but not to terrible and we will see what happens. They may be howling at 30 or wafting at 5, I've learned to have some skepticism with the wind forecasts. If it is bad the launch further up the river under the train bridge can be an option.

Comment

I wasn't planning on attending, but it looks like I'll be able to get out after all. I'll probably launch at Tydings at sunrise rather than waiting for Perryville to open. I was out there this morning and it took awhile to get them dialed in, but eventually managed a few keeper sized fish.

(Friendly reminder that you can only keep one rock between 20-26". That part of the webpage for the regs is easy to miss.)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                            Kevin

2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Windy Yet?

Originally posted by DonV View Post
                              I see 10 with up to 20 gusts and dropping to 7 thru the day. Doesn't sound ideal but not to terrible and we will see what happens. They may be howling at 30 or wafting at 5, I've learned to have some skepticis
                              m with the wind forecasts. If it is bad the launch further up the river under the train bridge can be an option.
                              Preparing to leave Annapolis and the wind is definitely not favorable here. Any reports from the launch site?
                              Gregory
                              ​Ain't Misbehavin'
                              2014 Pro Angler 12
                              '

Comment

So how did everyone do?? I got called in for work, so couldn't​ make it.
                                2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

Working...
                                X