Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: May meet and Greet May 20th

I will try to make this m&g. It will be good to see everyone again so put me down as tentative for this one.

Looks like I will be there for this one as well. I will not be attending lunch. Thanks
    Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
    Torqeedo Ultralight 403

I'll be there for fishing and lunch and bringing a friend. The flats have always been rough on me, so I'm hoping for a better day (or two). We will likely stay the weekend since the weather looks good and it's a pretty good drive for us. We'll be hoping to find water clear enough of weeds to troll for stripers and also spend some time dropping creature baits into weeds for LMB.

Two in here for fishing and lunch. Anyone else camping at the Park?
    Got the last campsite for Friday and Saturday nights and hope to see some other Snaggedliners.

Fishing related I have a whole bunch of questions. I know what to try for the stripers but I'm not much of a bass fisherman. Do have a good assortment of lures both hard and soft. What is the prefered technique for bass fishing the Flats this time of year? Spinnerbaits, soft plastics, crankbaits? Any other species opportunities, white perch, cats or such?
    Last edited by DonV; 05-17-2017 at 06:36 PM.

I am not much of a bass fisherman either maybe one of the regulars can answer that ?
    I have caught perch on bait and spinners and little crankbaits here.
    The catfish and striper also like cut bait. but I have also caught the catfish on striper lures
    Red Hobie outback
    Yellow Hobie outback

Jeff

It's come to my attention that when you search google or your GPS for Perry point community park the wrong park my come up.
    The address for the park is Marion tap parkway Perryville md 21903
    That's the road thru the park.
    The easiest way into the park is from route 40 just to the east of Perryville follow the signs "truck entrance to the VA hospital". the park is on the left just before you get to the hospital gate. From RT40 turn on to Caudon blvd then left onto Ikea way after you cross the bridge over the railroad turn right into the park/VA center entrance then left just before you get to the VA hospital gate onto Marion tapp parkway. Follow that parkway around to the kayak launch
    https://www.google.com/maps/search/+...-76.067145,15z
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/39...7!4d-76.047686
    Red Hobie outback
    Yellow Hobie outback

Jeff

GPS Coordinates to the Kayak Launch:

3932'51.8"N 7602'51.7"W
    First Lady: Hobie Ivory Sand Dune ProAngler 14
    Lowrance Elite 7 ti & Lowrance Hook 9
    Minn Kota Endura C2 30lb Trolling Pro

Backup Babe: Sand/Dune Equinox Future Beach Angler 12
    Lownce Elite 5 HDI & Kerrow composite paddle

Learning the Ropes & Living the Dream

It looks like we are going to have a good turn out Saturday
    21 fishing with around 18 staying for lunch. and a couple of maybe's
    Even if you haven't signed up and want to fish just show up and join us. The more the merrier
    The official UHF channel for this meet and greet will be 68.

Hobie Matt posted a good report from last night. The fishing is looking good
    Red Hobie outback
    Yellow Hobie outback

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by LivinTheDream View Post
    I'll be there for fishing and lunch and bringing a friend. The flats have always been rough on me, so I'm hoping for a better day (or two). We will likely stay the weekend since the weather looks good and it's a pretty good drive for us. We'll be hoping to find water clear enough of weeds to troll for stripers and also spend some time dropping creature baits into weeds for LMB.
    It will be great seeing you again since Janes Island. Several of us that you met at Janes Island will be at this M&G.
    MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
    2016 Hobie Outback LE
    Kayak Crabbing since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by DonV View Post
    Two in here for fishing and lunch. Anyone else camping at the Park?
    Got the last campsite for Friday and Saturday nights and hope to see some other Snaggedliners.

Fishing related I have a whole bunch of questions. I know what to try for the stripers but I'm not much of a bass fisherman. Do have a good assortment of lures both hard and soft. What is the prefered technique for bass fishing the Flats this time of year? Spinnerbaits, soft plastics, crankbaits? Any other species opportunities, white perch, cats or such?
    For bass in this area this time of year for river and flats my go to is 6" #1 pumpkinseed or #2 black speckled curly tail texas rigged, Then single or double bladed spinner (waters dirty right now so darker color), Rattle traps, Broke backs, Whopper Ploppers or Crank baits.
    Sun Camo Feel Free Lure 13.5
    Lowrance Elite 7 ti w/Totalscan
    B & C Power Yachts transom mount
    Minn Kota 45 Riptide
    Gama Electronics RF340-80A-SC wireless controller
    Re-Lion 75Ah Lithium Iron Deep Cycle