May meet and Greet May 20th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FishingGeek View Post
    Fishing Yes Lunch No - Do we need any parking permits for the park?
    no permit needed
    Red Hobie outback
    Yellow Hobie outback

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie Matt View Post
      Im in for a flats trip, but what are the details? I can you repost?

thanks!
      matt
      I will try again Snaggedline lost most of the original 100 or so members data, So I am on a trial period again. my posts must be approved by someone. If I try linking a map it just locks up my posts. Maybe someone else can post the map of Perry point park with the kayak launch visible. maybe a hydrographic map of the flats too.

Launch is at Perry point park in Perryville MD
      The park and launch opens at 7:30am
      it's a beach/gravel launch. The parking lot and kayak launch is paved all the way up to the beach . The beach has maybe 20' of sand pea-gravel to the water at low tide.
      The kayak launch is located the south East corner of the park. The launch will but us into Furness bay. About 50 yards from the North side of the flats

Lunch afterwards will be at the Golden Corral in Aberdeen MD
      706 S Philadelphia Blvd Aberdeen, MD 21001.
      Red Hobie outback
      Yellow Hobie outback

Jeff

Comment

map to Perry point park
        https://www.google.com/maps/@39.5495644,-76.0563856,16z
        Last edited by Plastic Boat; 05-05-2017, 10:40 PM.
        Red Hobie outback
        Yellow Hobie outback

Jeff

Comment

Interested in attending, but I'm honestly ignorant of the area. After reading a few of the posts, I am a little confused, and could some clarification. Is this a LM/SM or striper trip? Up for either but want to be prepared. Also sound like potential for a lot of skinny water and weeds, is a peddle yak going to work or should I bring my paddle yak.
          Any help appreciated
          Jay

10' Green Slayer
          13’ Red Slayer

Comment

Originally posted by summersoff View Post
            Interested in attending, but I'm honestly ignorant of the area. After reading a few of the posts, I am a little confused, and could some clarification. Is this a LM/SM or striper trip? Up for either but want to be prepared. Also sound like potential for a lot of skinny water and weeds, is a peddle yak going to work or should I bring my paddle yak.
            Any help appreciated
            Bring the Hobie the fins will shed the weeds if you want to fish in them.
            I like to troll around the edges of the weed beds and the drop off into deeper water
            it's a lg/Sm mouth fishery and a striper fishery all wrapped up in one location, on any cast you could catch either.
            Sm mouth seam to be more in the flowing water up the susky from the flats, but on occasions they are on the flats too.
            Red Hobie outback
            Yellow Hobie outback

Jeff

Comment

Count me in definitely for fishing possibly for lunch. Normally fish the susky above lapidum and never been to that side of the flats so sounds like a great time to try it.

Comment

I'm in for fishing but can't stay for lunch. Thanks for hosting!

Comment

Originally posted by summersoff View Post
                  Any help appreciated
                  It can be all of them depending on where you fish and what you use.
                  I fished Miller creek, Furnace bay and the edge of the flats for LM/SM yesterday, only had one hit. The water is really brown with a fair amt of debris and algea floating but I was able to motor throughout the area without any problems at all. These conditions may get better by the time of the M&G.

A note; The good news, as I was getting ready to launch they were spreading new rock gravel at the launch bringing it up to the sidewalk so the drop off I mentioned previously so far is gone. The downside is at lower tide that stone is really soft and really difficult to pull a cart over it. I tried 2 different carts, both my C-tug and ATC carts sank into the gravel severely to the point I had to unload my yak to traverse it. That may change over the next week and a half but be prepared for it if it doesn't.

Comment

If we get any more rain- I won't be joining- much better fishing in the slower lower...and the big girls have spawned out....so I probably won't make it.
                    Last edited by ronaultmtd; 05-17-2017, 05:28 AM.
                    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

SUSQUEHANNA FLATS, LOWER SUSQUEHANNA RIVER & NORTHEAST RIVER
                      SEASON FISHING LOCATIONS ALLOWED CREEL & SIZE LIMITS REGULATIONS RESTRICTIONS & REMARKS
                      DEC 20–MAY 3
                      Susquehanna Flats, upstream of
                      a line from Sandy Point to Turkey
                      Point and the Susquehanna River
                      downstream from a line connecting
                      the Susquehanna State Park boat
                      ramp at Lapidum to Twin Rocks to
                      Tomes Wharf in Port Deposit; and the
                      Northeast River
                      No harvest Catch and release only
                      • Stinger hooks are prohibited.
                      • Barbless hooks are required
                      when trolling.
                      • Non-offset circle or J hooks
                      with less than ½ inch gap are
                      required when using bait.
                      • No more than six lines per boat
                      are allowed when trolling.
                      • Eels may not be used as bait.
                      MAY 4–MAY 15
                      Susquehanna Flats closed to
                      striped bass fishing
                      Season Closed Season Closed No catch and release fishing
                      MAY 16–MAY 31
                      Susquehanna Flats reopen to
                      striped bass fishing
                      1 fish per person per day between 20 - 26 inches Eels may not be used as bait

JUNE 1–DEC 20
                      Susquehanna Flats and all Bay waters
                      including tributaries open to striped
                      bass fishing
                      2 fish per person per day between 20-28 inches OR 1 fish between 20-28 inches
                      and 1 fish over 28 inches
                      Red Hobie outback
                      Yellow Hobie outback

Jeff

Comment

I am tentatively in for both. What time is lunch? I plan to launch from Jean Roberts. I fished the flat this morning on my friends boat. We caught a good amount of fish and most were over 20 inches. Many seemed right at 21. The largest was 26 1/2. We jigged metal and plastic. I did see one large area of grass but most of the flats should be ok for trolling. Hopefully there will still be a few big fish around. I heard of 2 very big ones caught about 2 weeks ago just before the flats closed.

Comment

I figured we could fish until 12 or 1 then lunch after that
                          I will be on VHF channel 68 for on the water updates and so we can finalize what time lunch will be.
                          Red Hobie outback
                          Yellow Hobie outback

Jeff

Comment

I will try to make this m&g. It will be good to see everyone again so put me down as tentative for this one.

Comment

Looks like I will be there for this one as well. I will not be attending lunch. Thanks
                              Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                              Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

I'll be there for fishing and lunch and bringing a friend. The flats have always been rough on me, so I'm hoping for a better day (or two). We will likely stay the weekend since the weather looks good and it's a pretty good drive for us. We'll be hoping to find water clear enough of weeds to troll for stripers and also spend some time dropping creature baits into weeds for LMB.
                                Bill

2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass Green
                                2015 Wilderness Ride 135 - Green Camo

Comment

Working...
                                X