Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opening day

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Opening day

Did anybody go out and brave the bay today and catch any keepers?
    Drive it like you stole it!
    2011 Hobie PA 14

Went out this morning on a buddies boat and nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No keepers. This was the biggest. 26 inches.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

At least you got out Congrats
    Drive it like you stole it!
    2011 Hobie PA 14

Was on the water around 7:30a, the wind had kicked up the water quite a bit so it was a rough ride for a while before it died down. Covered tons of ground. For some hotspots the boats came and left in waves but it was not as horrific as hyped up to be. Amused by the belligerence across the radio though. Didn't catch until around noon, which coincided with the water clearing up slightly, both in the low 20s" though. Definitely beat skunking out but it was a great day on the water and start of the season nonetheless.
    -Omid

2015 ivory outback

I fished the flats today on my buddies boat. Only got one little one.

Got a 40"

Silasvirus and I fished for about 4 hours in the upper Severn. I only got 2 small fish. We also went out on Friday to BT and met a couple other yakkers there, also caught a couple smalls that day. Nobody caught anything of size though one of the kayakers, mike I think, got a couple over 20". A lot of the charter boats scouting spots reported skunks all around so we didn't feel too bad

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by yakscientist View Post
    Nobody caught anything of size though one of the kayakers, mike I think, got a couple over 20".

I believe I was that kayaker, Bill, not Mike. I logged over 18 miles and 10 hours just enjoying the day. I drive a long way for the privilege, so I have to make the most of it. The good news was that the Kodiak Jig that I wrote was "for the birds" for enticing ospreys the day before did finally manage a fish, just one, but the biggest of the day at around 26 or 27 inches. I enjoyed the paddle and playing with the $10 boating USA app that I just added to my phone. Anyone without a mapping fish finder should have that on the water. It was wonderful to be able to so easily follow contours and drop offs. I did find a few fish here and a few there, but it was definitely tough. I'm still really new to this sort of fishing and just enjoying the challenge, learning a little bit at a time, trying new things, and meeting new people.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinTheDream View Post
    I believe I was that kayaker, Bill, not Mike. I logged over 18 miles and 10 hours just enjoying the day. I drive a long way for the privilege, so I have to make the most of it. The good news was that the Kodiak Jig that I wrote was "for the birds" for enticing ospreys the day before did finally manage a fish, just one, but the biggest of the day at around 26 or 27 inches. I enjoyed the paddle and playing with the $10 boating USA app that I just added to my phone. Anyone without a mapping fish finder should have that on the water. It was wonderful to be able to so easily follow contours and drop offs. I did find a few fish here and a few there, but it was definitely tough. I'm still really new to this sort of fishing and just enjoying the challenge, learning a little bit at a time, trying new things, and meeting new people.
    Bill, sorry! I'm terrible with names. I'm pat. I'm glad you got some good size fish. Like I said, I only got smalls. You are welcome to fish with john and I anytime. That's a crazy amount of time on the water, I think I logged only 12 miles for the 5.5 hours I was out. I also drive a fair ways, usually an hour sometimes 1.5, so like you, I gotta do a lot of planning and make the most of it when I get there. John (silasvirus) and I have been chasing those elusive 30"+ fish but have yet to get any. Someday soon hopefully. I was lucky to get a big catfish this year, but a rockfish bigger than 24" has eluded me.