• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
    Got a 40"

Great fish!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
      Nobody caught anything of size though one of the kayakers, mike I think, got a couple over 20".

I believe I was that kayaker, Bill, not Mike. I logged over 18 miles and 10 hours just enjoying the day. I drive a long way for the privilege, so I have to make the most of it. The good news was that the Kodiak Jig that I wrote was "for the birds" for enticing ospreys the day before did finally manage a fish, just one, but the biggest of the day at around 26 or 27 inches. I enjoyed the paddle and playing with the $10 boating USA app that I just added to my phone. Anyone without a mapping fish finder should have that on the water. It was wonderful to be able to so easily follow contours and drop offs. I did find a few fish here and a few there, but it was definitely tough. I'm still really new to this sort of fishing and just enjoying the challenge, learning a little bit at a time, trying new things, and meeting new people.
      Bill

2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass Green
      2015 Wilderness Ride 135 - Green Camo

Comment

Originally posted by LivinTheDream View Post
        I believe I was that kayaker, Bill, not Mike. I logged over 18 miles and 10 hours just enjoying the day. I drive a long way for the privilege, so I have to make the most of it. The good news was that the Kodiak Jig that I wrote was "for the birds" for enticing ospreys the day before did finally manage a fish, just one, but the biggest of the day at around 26 or 27 inches. I enjoyed the paddle and playing with the $10 boating USA app that I just added to my phone. Anyone without a mapping fish finder should have that on the water. It was wonderful to be able to so easily follow contours and drop offs. I did find a few fish here and a few there, but it was definitely tough. I'm still really new to this sort of fishing and just enjoying the challenge, learning a little bit at a time, trying new things, and meeting new people.
        Bill, sorry! I'm terrible with names. I'm pat. I'm glad you got some good size fish. Like I said, I only got smalls. You are welcome to fish with john and I anytime. That's a crazy amount of time on the water, I think I logged only 12 miles for the 5.5 hours I was out. I also drive a fair ways, usually an hour sometimes 1.5, so like you, I gotta do a lot of planning and make the most of it when I get there. John (silasvirus) and I have been chasing those elusive 30"+ fish but have yet to get any. Someday soon hopefully. I was lucky to get a big catfish this year, but a rockfish bigger than 24" has eluded me.

Comment

Nice fish and great vidio 👍

Comment

Great to meet you as well, Chad. Sorry about the FF, don't forget about Charts it's a great backup app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            -Omid

2015 ivory outback

Comment

Here's one I got from the day before opening day. I got about 8 total, 3 of those were schoolies in the 20-24" range. The others were big healthy fish.
              https://www.facebook.com/chesapeake....type=3&theater

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
              Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
              Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
              Kokatat Pro Staff
              Torqeedo Pro Staff
              Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
              Alan

Comment

Went on my cousin's boat and got two keepers 38 and 41. One at 730 and the other at 130. Too rough for the yak. We had 5 and 6 foot swells south of Plum Point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

We hit lapidum today, only 2 small fish. Very slow, flats were slow today as well..
                  anybody go else go out today?
                  I figure they are all way up river spawning

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie Matt View Post
                    We hit lapidum today, only 2 small fish. Very slow, flats were slow today as well..
                    anybody go else go out today?
                    I figure they are all way up river spawning

Not what I wanted to hear, but I'm going to give the flats a go tomorrow anyways.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

Yak67 and I hit the lower slower yesterday morning- stiff north wind, white caps made for a bumpy,wet few hours...caught a few each- avoided the skunk, but they were eating the little red worms (pile or clam worm) that seem to happen every year when the water hits 60 degrees...
                      Last edited by ronaultmtd; 04-19-2017, 07:46 AM.
                      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by reel-em-in View Post
                        Not what I wanted to hear, but I'm going to give the flats a go tomorrow anyways.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
                        How did your do out there Wednesday?

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie Matt View Post
                          How did your do out there Wednesday?

Paddled about 8.5 miles with one hit. It got off after about 10 seconds though. Didn't see any other kayaks. Saw a few boats but didn't notice anyone catching.

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

The "May worms" are here...every year we cry about the bite shutting off...the worm spawn is on-
                            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
                            X