Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Opening day

First trip out this year, launched at BT where I met Omid(great to meet you btw).FF wiring rotted over the winter so I was trolling blind. No bites in 3 hours, but like Omid said the radio chatter was entertaining. Talked to a lot of boat guys that reported skunks. Hopefully weather cooperates next weekend.

Nice!
    Harlan

Revo 13
    Trident 13
    Cuda 14
    Necky Tandem

Nice. How deep?
    John
    Hobie Adventure Island 16'

Slayer Propel 10

Pelican Trailblazer ( don't hate , pond use only)

very nice

Silasvirus and I fished for about 4 hours in the upper Severn. I only got 2 small fish. We also went out on Friday to BT and met a couple other yakkers there, also caught a couple smalls that day. Nobody caught anything of size though one of the kayakers, mike I think, got a couple over 20". A lot of the charter boats scouting spots reported skunks all around so we didn't feel too bad

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cowpokey View Post
    Got a 40"

Great fish!

Quote Originally Posted by yakscientist View Post
    Nobody caught anything of size though one of the kayakers, mike I think, got a couple over 20".

I believe I was that kayaker, Bill, not Mike. I logged over 18 miles and 10 hours just enjoying the day. I drive a long way for the privilege, so I have to make the most of it. The good news was that the Kodiak Jig that I wrote was "for the birds" for enticing ospreys the day before did finally manage a fish, just one, but the biggest of the day at around 26 or 27 inches. I enjoyed the paddle and playing with the $10 boating USA app that I just added to my phone. Anyone without a mapping fish finder should have that on the water. It was wonderful to be able to so easily follow contours and drop offs. I did find a few fish here and a few there, but it was definitely tough. I'm still really new to this sort of fishing and just enjoying the challenge, learning a little bit at a time, trying new things, and meeting new people.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinTheDream View Post
    I believe I was that kayaker, Bill, not Mike. I logged over 18 miles and 10 hours just enjoying the day. I drive a long way for the privilege, so I have to make the most of it. The good news was that the Kodiak Jig that I wrote was "for the birds" for enticing ospreys the day before did finally manage a fish, just one, but the biggest of the day at around 26 or 27 inches. I enjoyed the paddle and playing with the $10 boating USA app that I just added to my phone. Anyone without a mapping fish finder should have that on the water. It was wonderful to be able to so easily follow contours and drop offs. I did find a few fish here and a few there, but it was definitely tough. I'm still really new to this sort of fishing and just enjoying the challenge, learning a little bit at a time, trying new things, and meeting new people.
    Bill, sorry! I'm terrible with names. I'm pat. I'm glad you got some good size fish. Like I said, I only got smalls. You are welcome to fish with john and I anytime. That's a crazy amount of time on the water, I think I logged only 12 miles for the 5.5 hours I was out. I also drive a fair ways, usually an hour sometimes 1.5, so like you, I gotta do a lot of planning and make the most of it when I get there. John (silasvirus) and I have been chasing those elusive 30"+ fish but have yet to get any. Someday soon hopefully. I was lucky to get a big catfish this year, but a rockfish bigger than 24" has eluded me.

Nice fish and great vidio 👍

Great to meet you as well, Chad. Sorry about the FF, don't forget about Charts it's a great backup app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Omid

2015 ivory outback