Flounder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flounder

anyone interested in a flounder expedition to Va shore in April?

ill be interested...where at?
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

i was looking into folley creek or parker creek, a contact on TF says that its less crowed and the fishings better. it would make a good day trip or overnighter.

Comment

i'm very intereted, any more details? ive never been there nor have no real experience targeting just flounder, but would love to learn!
        sigpic

Comment

i've never been to folley or parker creek but have been to chincoteague and it can be very crowded. at that time of year flounder move on to the flats to get warm during the day and feed. they are a very aggressive predator.i usually use squid strips on a rig with a silver spinner and egg sinker, drifted from a channel up on to a flat. last year i got a keeper with shrimp on a jighead. white belly works well live spot, and some guys were catching with pink gulp minnows. check out folley creek on google maps or naoa.

Comment

Yeah Im in that is if the dates will allow me
            '12 Ocean Kayak Prowler trident 13 Orange
            '09 Wilderness Systems Ride 135 Red
            Kayak Fishing Mafia

-Both fish and men are often caught with artificial's-

Comment

man i left out the best bait, squid/minnow combo. all the tournaments are in the 2nd week of April so any weekend from then to the 2nd weekend of may. check your schedules and we can make a plan

Comment

My plan is to spend 2 days down at Wachapreague, would definitely be up for some fishing if anyone else is!
                Mark

Comment

wachapraege is good, but foley or parker creek might be more kayak freindly and i'm told just as produtive. thinking of leaving on friday after work and staying till sunday, 1st weekend in may looks good.

Comment

Working...
                  X