Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pax Wash and Wax Day April 22 2017 11 am to 1 pm

Hi all, I hope you all wintered well.

If you want to help the Patuxent River, please come give the Patuxent Riverkeeper a hand at getting 18 new kayaks out of the basement of Riverkeeper HQ and unwrapped and getting the older part of the fleet cleaned up and ready for the summer. Saturday April 22 2017 from 11 am to 1 pm. Details below.

The Riverkeeper manages the Patuxent Water Trail and its paddle-in campsites. Riverkeeper HQ is a big old while house with porches right on the river. Neat place to launch or stop for a lunch break.

Besides, you'll all have caught your limit by 10 am

===============================

Pax Wash and Wax Day!

Join the Patuxent Riverkeeper at Riverkeeper HQ near Upper Marlboro MD on Saturday April 22, 22, 2017 from 11am -1:00pm.

"With warmer weather on the way, it is time to pull our rental fleet out of storage and get ready for the summer. Please come and help us safety check the boats, clean them as needed, and get pointers on your kayaking technique from experienced boaters on hand. Refreshments will be provided. Clean a boat and you can take it out for free!"

Patuxent Riverkeeper website: http://www.paxriverkeeper.org/

=====================================

Lisa
    Last edited by Lisa; 04-11-2017, 12:16 PM. Reason: typo

This is at the Nottingham Rd location?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Keith

2015 Sand Hobie Outback

2017 Orange Camo Vibe Sea Ghost 130

2015 Camo Ascend FS12T

Comment

Originally posted by Yakmac View Post
      This is at the Nottingham Rd location?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
      Yep. It's a great country drive, a really rural feel even though it's near Bowie. Here are my directions because every road is "Croom Something" (after the old Croom Airport) and I got confused at first.

http://paxriverkeeper.org/contact/

Patuxent Riverkeeper Center
      17412 Nottingham Road
      Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
      301-276-7913 (new number April 2017)

Take 301 south from Route 50. Cross Route 4. Go by Mrs. K's restaurant on the right (great breakfast) and then go over the RR tracks. Once over the tracks, take the second left on Croom Station Road. At the T intersection turn left onto Croom Road. Keep going and going (you'll pass Moore's Country Store - lots of booze, no country ham) until you see a four story flagpole with a huge U.S. flag over Nottingham Store restaurant (great tacos, chicken) on your left. Turn left at the flag onto Nottingham Road. Keep going and you will end up at Riverkeeper HQ. It's a big white house on the left with a Riverkeeper sign by the mailbox.

Lisa

Comment

Got it, thanks.
        Keith

2015 Sand Hobie Outback

2017 Orange Camo Vibe Sea Ghost 130

2015 Camo Ascend FS12T

Comment

Fred, the Patuxent Riverkeeper, says there are some fishing yaks, with receptacles and clamps designed for fishing, in the new bunch of rental kayaks. I haven't seen them because they are so new they're still in factory shrinkwrap. If you come upwrap them you can take one out for a free paddle.

Pax Riverkeeper Wash and Wax Day Invite: https://www.facebook.com/events/103873763506395/

Lisa

Comment

Working...
          X