Lewis Delaware Fishing Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lewis Delaware Fishing Report

Went to the inner wall on Wednesday. Fished for tog for about 6 hours. Used green crabs without a bite. Fished structure in 8-24 feet with the water temperature around 50 degrees. Only action around were 36" sand sharks. They were all over and in all depths. I'll try again in a week or two. Any one go to the outer wall yet?

Thanks for the update. Hopefully next week will be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Were they Sand Bar sharks or Dogfish? Just curious, I had a bad experience with a mako and now I try to stay away from the ones that have teeth.
      John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
      MK Endura Max 55 backup power
      Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

I plan to fish the inner wall Sunday. I'll let you know how I do.

Comment

Good luck mike o ,
          Yes John they were smooth dogfish..

Comment

I had no luck yesterday. I had a couple bites but didn't hook any. I guy told me he got a couple of keepers but I didn't see them.

Comment

I think I'll go out again on Saturday. This time I'll try shrimp.

Comment

Good luck bluefishlou, the water temp should be a lot better this weekend.

Comment

Tried again on Saturday using shrimp. Got two good hits but that was it. Four other yakers out around the wall. One kaker trolling got a short striper. Wondering what's up. Anyone have any experience fishing for drum off the Slaughter Beach area?

Comment

That was me with the short striper. Caught two more bouncing minnows around the pilings. There were no flounder yet.
                    Ride 135 Green
                    Big Tuna Orange
                    12ft Bote HD
                    Outback Blue with Orange Deck

Comment

Pleasure bumping into you. Maybe we'll hook into some big blues next week..
                      Tight Lines. babiak

Comment

Maybe I'll bump into you guys. I plan to fish the Cape about once a month. I'd like to catch some big blues.

Comment

Thanks for the reports guys. I'd like to make it out there again, but it's a ways out for me. I remember last year starting off slow as well.
                          -Jon
                          Revo 13

Comment

Originally posted by BluefishLou View Post
                            Tried again on Saturday using shrimp. Got two good hits but that was it. Four other yakers out around the wall. One kaker trolling got a short striper. Wondering what's up. Anyone have any experience fishing for drum off the Slaughter Beach area?
                            I've attempted to fish for drum a couple times out of Slaughter Beach with my boat and I've yet to catch one. Slaughter Beach is a good area for shark fishing. We target sharks regularly there and managed to catch a 6'-7' tiger shark there last year. I'm not talking a sand tiger but the actual ocean going people eating kind. It was the only one I've ever caught.
                            Last edited by willf650; 04-20-2017, 03:25 PM.
                            1980 Something Old Town Canoe
                            2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
                            2015 Coosa HD
                            2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
                            2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)

Comment

Originally posted by mike o View Post
                              Maybe I'll bump into you guys. I plan to fish the Cape about once a month. I'd like to catch some big blues.
                              There were several reports over this past weekend where a bunch of good sized blues were caught in the surf.
                              1980 Something Old Town Canoe
                              2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
                              2015 Coosa HD
                              2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
                              2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)

Comment

Working...
                              X